Thread: Coolant leak questions

Default Coolant leak questions

Hi

I noticed a leak under my left driver side tire. Upon search, I tracked it down to a coolant hose connected to the throttle body. Anyone have similar problems? And what parts would I need?

Guessing by your name and the fact that you mention 'throttle body' - you might want to try this question in the Discovery forum.

Of course I am also assuming that throttle body refers to a type of injection.

Good luck with your problem.

Brent
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

That's a common issue on the Discovery II and this is the kit you need to make the repair:

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-1...covery-ii.aspx

Kind regards,
    Mike Koch

1993 Range Rover SWB
    "Backup car? Why would I need a backup car? My car backs up just fine."

Not to knock selling the kit, but all you need is some permitex.
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

I think the plate has been modified, can't remember. We did a couple in the workshop on the V8 Discos.

thumb-up make sure

I had found that once you discover one leak, you should keep looking to ensure there aren't any more. A tiny leak I had at the water pump, fixed and done, right ? Nope. I also had seepage at many hoses, so I bought the hose kit. Before I put it on, I bought a pressure tester. Leaking near where you are describing, I had to remove the AC compressor to see where it was coming from. ( lines still attached but electrical unplugged ) The front cover was seeping just ever so slightly as well. I bought most every part from Rob at Rovers North ( very helpful ). The parts I didn't get were just the ones I had to obtain from the dealer or unavailable and were negligible ( couple o rings ). Good luck, and feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

" I am not a robot. I don't like having discs crammed into me unless they're Oreos. And then only in the mouth." - Frye