Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: got my belgium series 3 4x2 home today

You are correct. I remember when my son found a Rover (driven by Thompson & Thompson) in one of the TinTin books. "Look dad, they have your car!" However, there are no really good names in the whole lot. Captain Haddock? Professor Calculus?

On the other hand I was inspired by "Popeye" and my green 88 is named "Olyve." It comes in handy when my otherwise perfect wife complains of the stain in the driveway. "Why honey, that's just Olyve oil." (insert Popeye laugh here).

"Swea'pea" would be a good name for a green Rover, although "Swea'pea oil" doesn't have as good of a ring to it.

Great new rover! You're going to have a lot of fun with that.
    I think the best Rover name ever comes for the best Rover movie ever and that would be "The Anit-Christ" from "The Gods Must Be Crazy" I think it fits any Rover.

Tintin is one of those quintessential Belgian contributions to the world. Plus it has the cutesy nickname twang that fits a quirky LR. I guess the average American isn't exposed to Tintin and aware of the background and connection between the Tintin books and LRs. It might sound kind of gay but few 2wd series 3 88s are accused of being a burly manly testosterone machine either! 2.25l, 6.00 16s...

But hey! at least the Rover isn't French- then you'd be stuck with Asterix and Obelix
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Rossmann

On the other hand I was inspired by "Popeye" and my green 88 is named "Olyve." It comes in handy when my otherwise perfect wife complains of the stain in the driveway. "Why honey, that's just Olyve oil." (insert Popeye laugh here).
    That is a pretty cool name- quirky, vintage, and sort of funny when you think of the more famous nickname that emerged from the Popeye series:
    Last edited by yorker; 05-06-2008 at 01:13 PM.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

That, and Popeye doesn't have the Jeep any more (got old and died?), but he'll aways have Olive (not Olyve), who like the Rover, is timelss, fickle and cantankerous.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Brien
    Tintin has been in rover since before most of us were born they even sell offical Tintin rovers! history friends, learn it!
    Although I knew about Tintin from when I was a child and probably read a few adventures too, I didn't know that he was a rover driver.

Rest assured I will never slight Tintin again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    Although I knew about Tintin from when I was a child and probably read a few adventures too, I didn't know that he was a rover driver.

Rest assured I will never slight Tintin again!
    And now, after reading my last post, let me further clear things up by saying that I believe the correct spelling of the word should have been "ghay".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ghay

Just in case there could be a misunderstanding about other preconceptions on the list. Right autoguy?

<Phew, I think that coveres everything now...>

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    And now, after reading my last post, let me further clear things up by saying that I believe the correct spelling of the word should have been "ghay".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ghay

Just in case there could be a misunderstanding about other preconceptions on the list. Right autoguy?

<Phew, I think that coveres everything now...>
    aye, yep yer right, I see the error of my ways

madp, thanks that movie was wicked awesom the guy I bought my ludwijg from has a series 1

You mean it doesn't mean 'Happy' anymore?

What kind of 'time' were we supposed to have while watching the Flintstones?

It all seems a bit queer to me.....
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2