Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fed up with Freezing

Quote Originally Posted by sven
    Then why is the squirrel cage blades reversed for LHD vs RHD? The cage even shows the direction (arrow ethched into it) of where the blades are supposed to spin...they are different for LHD and RHD. I can snap a pic of it if you want to see.
    I don't dispute that the squirrel cage blades are skewed in the other direction, since the cage only mounts to the motor from one end. What I was questioning was how was it possible to take a LHD cafe housing, whose suction is on the side, and move it to the other side of the truck,since the suction side would now face inward, as opposed to facing the fender skin. The motor would still be turning in the same direction, in relation to the housing, so it would be sucking the air in from the side and out the discharge, just as it did on the other side of the truck. Not only would the housing need to be opposite handed, so too would the impeller.

Default Fabrication!!!

This seems to be a simple enough answer actually, I simply removed the fan motor from the housing. Took the ring the sponge filler circled off. And carefully using pop-rivots and self tapping screws stuck them in on oposite sides. As it was I did the same to the Housing for the heater coil by simply making a hole big enough to allow the fittings to poke through and used a rubber gromit to fill the old holes just in case....

I looked into the motor, I may just order a new one as cheaply as possable and bite the bullet, though mine works fine I just dont want to mess with it all that much, especially now since I'd have to take it out of the truck and thats a pain....