Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: today's barn find!!

no oil leaks ? i thought that meant you where out of oil

my rover has an oil leak, it marks its territory

Wow! Great find. Great truck! Great price! Looks like one I bought from some %#@#!!! up in Vermont, only he called it "refurbished." But that's another story.
    There is a big thread on this forum about repowering a Series. Worth the read, but the gyst of it is; once you add power on the front, you will have to make sure the drive train can handle the extra torque and HP. There are several threads on that topic as well.
    Good luck.

i got it home today. all 4 wheels where locked to the drums!! had to beat the wheels with a ten pound sledge!tires are holding air. the wheels did not free til about ten feet into the pull. i used my 109's winch for the unhill battle (68 feet) this unit has been in the same spot since 1987.
    i did bleach wash it, it looks much better. ill take some pics sunday morning.

pics from today, after its cleaning. looks alot better than when i first found it
    i got EVERY interior trim parts. i got the two heat sheilds as well(carb/manifold) and (piece that bolt to the fan shroud)
    most people trash them, im putting them on the 109. the rear windows dont open yet, there full of rust and mud
    Last edited by 1961 109 WAGON; 05-14-2008 at 07:43 PM.

wow what a difference! that looks great! you may want to wax it now - I found that once I washed my old trucks that had been sitting, the paint started to rapidly wash off....

is the door trim around somewhere?
    Last edited by Bostonian1976; 03-17-2008 at 12:15 PM.
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

I used Beckson Marine plastic window channel on my windows. Its available in either black or white and single or double channel. It's sold in 8 ft. lengths for about $20-25 dollars. If you use the double on the rear windows of the safari top you will have to trim the rubber seal between the two windows. http://www.pleasureboatmarine.com/bechwitr1blb.html sells both the black and white.

yes, i have all the interior trim panels, even the parts that go around your head in the back.all will have to be recovered , most parts crack when touched. i am going to buy a truck cab for it as well as a soft top once i get it running and and the bugs worked out.
    as some may have noticed, i am missing the rod and yellow 4x4 knob, it isnt under the floor panel, i looked all over where it should be
    Last edited by 1961 109 WAGON; 03-18-2008 at 10:30 AM.

The red and yellow knobs are available new, as are most of the interior parts and instruments [they can be refurbished too].

The vehicle looks like a great find. You'll find plenty to do, but one of the joys of a Series Land Rover is that you can usually get it running while refurbishing it.

Leave the engine as is until you've run the car with it. The 2.25, running well, is perfectly suited to the suspension and braking capabilities of the Rover.

Badger Coachworks on Cape Cod does terrific work reupholstering the elephant hide seats. They have a website, too.

Keeps us posted - we're all quite jealous!

Jeff
    Jeff Aronson
    Vinalhaven, ME 04863
    '66 Series II-A SW 88"
    '66 Series II-A HT 88"
    '80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
    '80 Triumph Spitfire
    '66 Corvair Monza Coupe
    http://www.landroverwriter.com