Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump

Quote Originally Posted by azrover
    My Disco is a 96 with 104mi on it. I'm currently trouble shooting a possible fuel pump problem. But I'm also led to believe it could be a relay problem . There appears to be no power getting to the pump. Do you have any suggestions ? I'm hope it's a relay and not a pump it's much cheaper
    Relay issues are generally fairly simple to diagnose if you have a multimeter and a wiring diagram. Just find the offending relay make sure you have juice to the appropriate contacts and then find a identical relay plug it in and see if it works. If you don't have juice to the contacts that should have it start looking at fuses or other sources.

First thing I would check though is to see if the fuel pump itself is getting juice and has a good ground. But from your message I guess you've already checked that.

I'm not sure on the Rover Fuel pump since I've not had the pleasure of messing with it but normally you can jump a fuel pump with a hot wire just to test it to see if it works at all. Not to run it that is.

The above is based on my normal electrical troubleshooting not the Disco Fuel pump specifically because I've not messed with those yet. (standard disclaimer)

well, i just got mine back from the mechanic today. he mentioned that i might have a relay problem, but the fuel pump just needed replecement.
    I bought a used fuel pump off of ebay from roverguy.com. he has a rover yard from which he pulls all of his parts.

heres a question for you, I have to put a radio code in before my radio will work. this hapened when the fuel pump and starter went out. i was told that i just need to punch in my 5 digit code, however when I do it does nothing, any thoughts...
    UNC Discovery
    GO HEELS!

Quote Originally Posted by UNC Discovery
    i was told that i just need to punch in my 5 digit code, however when I do it does nothing, any thoughts...
    Do you have the correct code? On mine when I enter the code it just starts working. I would think either your code is wrong or the radio is bad. But since it was working prior to battery disconect it's probably the code.

well the previous owner gave me that code, i punched it in and it just beeps...maybe wrong code..
    UNC Discovery
    GO HEELS!

I think this was mentioned elsewhere, but to repeat: a dealer can get your code from your VIN. If the radio is from another vehicle, you're SOL.
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular

Default Fuel Pump

I'm about to buy a used Fuel Pump from RoverGuy. Any thing I should ask before I purchase from them like does it have couplers . Any advice is welcomed .

Thanks All

Default Fuel pump

Just make sure that the pump is not used, I recently heard of someone who bought a used fuel pump. It had 20,000 miles on it. While in transit it started to leak. The Distributor was chaged a 1000 fine by the carrier and the package reached its final destination securely in a barrel a week later.
    UNC Discovery
    GO HEELS!

Dont buy as used pump!!! you'll be stranded time and time again.
    to make this rover dependable dont cut corners, there are some things you can replace with used parts but electrical componets are not one. you'll be sorry

About the radio. I thin kthat i read in the manual that sometimes the code may not work and the thing just beeps. You need to leave the car on and the radioon for an hour (if I recall correctly) before you can retry the code. This happened to mine but I still have not bothered to try it. Let me know if it works

Default radio code

M, i havnt been on in a while, but it did work, thanks for the tip. mv
    UNC Discovery
    GO HEELS!