Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 664

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

  1. #651

    Default

    Hi Michel, did you receive the PM I responded to yours with? Not showing in my sent folder for some reason? Thanks, Rod

    Quote Originally Posted by michel View Post
    I also have #808 which doesn't have much original parts left. The only original parts left are the bodywork (apart from the bulkhead) and the body is pretty rough. I will most likely use the safari roof from 808 to put on 720.

    I am in Quebec, where quite a few of these NADA were sold.

  2. #652
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Hi Rod. Got your PM and replied. Thanks, Michel

  3. #653

    Default

    Thanks Michel and understood. Good luck with the new one! Rod

    Quote Originally Posted by michel View Post
    Hi Rod. Got your PM and replied. Thanks, Michel

  4. #654
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Started #720 today and getting to know the beast. Is the gear lever original? My other Series have "crooked" levers, but this one looks like it from a Plumber's sullies store. Does anyone know what these "Magneto" switches for?

    Thanks,

    Michel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	13215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	13216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	13217  


  5. #655

    Default

    Hi Michel,

    I'm just getting started with the NADA variant myself, so I'm no expert. But, every example I've seen has a straight stick, I believe it has to do with the fact that the bulkhead/firewall is pushed further into the truck to account for the longer engine, so there is not enough room for the "bent" stick. If you send me your email, I can send you the specific service manual and a nearly complete parts manual specific to the NADA which others were kind enough to provide to me. Best, Rod

    PS No idea on the magneto switch, but given the plate itself is different than the other dash (that black vinyl stuff is unique to the NADA I believe), it's probably a mod made by a PO.

    Quote Originally Posted by michel View Post
    Started #720 today and getting to know the beast. Is the gear lever original? My other Series have "crooked" levers, but this one looks like it from a Plumber's sullies store. Does anyone know what these "Magneto" switches for?

    Thanks,

    Michel

  6. #656
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bethel, OH
    Posts
    120

    Default

    16 December
    My spare head has 2 part numbers stamped in it. 522668 and 557536. Neither appears in my 3.0 Rover Parts Catalogue. My 2.6 Rover Parts Catalogue has been misplaced.

    Jim

  7. #657

    Default

    Thank you Jim, the mystery deepens...

    So, several of us have heads stamped 542350 (the NADA parts book states 542349 - one digit off), someone on the GNR forum said 512850 is the number on his multiple heads which he states have not come off the block, and now your cylinder head with two number's stamped on it; neither of which match any of the others. Very strange... Separately, can someone point me to where on the engine the 343xxxxx number should be? Thanks, Rod

    Quote Originally Posted by patrickfoley1 View Post
    16 December
    My spare head has 2 part numbers stamped in it. 522668 and 557536. Neither appears in my 3.0 Rover Parts Catalogue. My 2.6 Rover Parts Catalogue has been misplaced.

    Jim

  8. #658
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoverRod View Post
    Hi Michel,

    I'm just getting started with the NADA variant myself, so I'm no expert. But, every example I've seen has a straight stick, I believe it has to do with the fact that the bulkhead/firewall is pushed further into the truck to account for the longer engine, so there is not enough room for the "bent" stick. If you send me your email, I can send you the specific service manual and a nearly complete parts manual specific to the NADA which others were kind enough to provide to me. Best, Rod

    PS No idea on the magneto switch, but given the plate itself is different than the other dash (that black vinyl stuff is unique to the NADA I believe), it's probably a mod made by a PO.
    Indeed, only these NADA had Vinyl-coated dash plates. Not an improvement, IMHO....

    Any reference material would be greatly appreciated! My email adress is michelo110@yahoo.com

  9. #659

    Default

    Hi Michel,

    Email sent with a nearly complete Parts Manual (if someone has a complete one, please share, mine has several pages missing, and the Service manual (thanks to Jim and Josh respectively!).

    I agree that it would be much simpler to restore if it was just shiny or matt black paint!

    If you have a chance to look at the part number on your cylinder head and chime in as to what you have, might add a little color to the discussion below.

    Thanks, Rod

    Quote Originally Posted by michel View Post
    Indeed, only these NADA had Vinyl-coated dash plates. Not an improvement, IMHO....

    Any reference material would be greatly appreciated! My email adress is michelo110@yahoo.com

  10. #660
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bethel, OH
    Posts
    120

    Default

    When I send a Parts Catalogue by email I do not send duplicate drawings pages. If you are missing description pages send the numbers to me and I'll send them to you. I will send the 2 of you the Page that describes the differences between the 4 cyl and 6 cal NADA. It answers some of the questions you seek answers too. Rod did my 2 part #2 reach you?

    Jim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Unparalleled product knowledge. Our mission is to support all original Land Rover models no longer supported by your local Land Rover franchise. We offer the entire range of Land Rover Genuine Parts direct from Land Rover UK, as well as publish North America's largest Land Rover publication, Rovers Magazine.
Join us