Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfoley1 View Post
    There are as many negative comments as there are positive, regarding Ashtray's Galvanized Bulkheads. The Galvanizing process results in warped panels. Pegasus manufactured mine. I received an email today from Debbie Halley. They have taken in a partner, have reorganized, and expect to produce and stock Bulkheads. Mine is flawless except for a pair of screw holes. I sent my rusted out bulkhead to be used as a template and I attribute the misplaced holes to the condition of that template.

I don't know how to attach photo's to this site, but I'll be happy to attach a pdf of the bulkhead to an email should someone want to view it. It was shipped "bare", and painted in Kelch's paint shop.

Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com
    Heard the same thing about Ashtree but I know someone who just got one for a NADA and its nice. I also have a friend who got doors from them and they are great.

As for Pegasus I like them and ordered some stuff from them but I heard the bulkhead business has become a nightmare form them and they were giving deposits back.

For my NADA 109 - should the chassis number on the bulkhead plate inside the vehicle match the number stamped on the right hand front spring hanger?

The number on the plate is 34300757A and the number stamped on the chassis is 25410369B.

I assumed that the chassis was built before it was destined to be an export and given the 25410369B number and then once the vehicle was completed for export to NADA it was given the 34300757A VIN. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Landy757 View Post
    For my NADA 109 - should the chassis number on the bulkhead plate inside the vehicle match the number stamped on the right hand front spring hanger?

The number on the plate is 34300757A and the number stamped on the chassis is 25410369B.

I assumed that the chassis was built before it was destined to be an export and given the 25410369B number and then once the vehicle was completed for export to NADA it was given the 34300757A VIN. Does that make sense?
    That chassis shows as a 63-66 109 regular,so much more likely the frame rotted out and a frame swap with the required modifications from 4 to 6 cylinder and 3 door to 5 door occurred.

This is the third time that I started this reply, If garbage comes through please ignore it. 757 began Production 11 June 1968 and was completed on 21 June. It was painted Marine Blue. It was shipped HDO Roverts for Canada. A Standard 109 Chassis could be modified to accommodate the 2.6L Engine, Breather, and Radiator and you can verify this by looking for the cuts and welds required to accomplish the above. At least one cross member had to be moved aft several inches if my memory is correct. If my writing appears skeptical, I don't believe it logical to wait until the end of a production run to modify a Chassis that has been laying around for several years. Would it not be more logical that the Bulkhead Plaque was transferred from another vehicle? Does your unit have the Original 2.6L Engine, Breather and Radiator? To my knowledge all 109 Station Wagons were 5 door.

Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

This is the third time that I started this reply, If garbage comes through please ignore it. 757 began Production 11 June 1968 and was completed on 21 June. It was painted Marine Blue. It was shipped HDO Roverts for Canada. A Standard 109 Chassis could be modified to accommodate the 2.6L Engine, Breather, and Radiator and you can verify this by looking for the cuts and welds required to accomplish the above. At least one cross member had to be moved aft several inches if my memory is correct. If my writing appears skeptical, I don't believe it logical to wait until the end of a production run to modify a Chassis that has been laying around for several years. Would it not be more logical that the Bulkhead Plaque was transferred from another vehicle? Does your unit have the Original 2.6L Engine, Breather and Radiator? To my knowledge all 109 Station Wagons were 5 door.

Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Please post some pictures of the engine and like

thanks

josh t
    Last edited by clearcut; 07-10-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: missing word
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Josh I will try to attach 3 pdf's I took of the engine compartment. I've never tried to attach photo's to the forum so this is a test.
    Jim/Users/jimchandler/Desktop/Engine Compartment #1.pdf/Users/jimchandler/Desktop/Engine Compartment #3.pdf/Users/jimchandler/Desktop/Engine Compartment #2.pdf
    If this does not work, perhaps a kind soul will provide me with guidance

Josh; It does not appear to have worked. If you will email me at redbrush2@yahoo.com. I will attach the pdf's to your email and send it back to you.

Jim

Josh I will try to attach 3 pdf's I took of the engine compartment. I've never tried to attach photo's to the forum so this is a test.
    Jim/Users/jimchandler/Desktop/Engine Compartment #1.pdf/Users/jimchandler/Desktop/Engine Compartment #3.pdf/Users/jimchandler/Desktop/Engine Compartment #2.pdf
    If this does not work, perhaps a kind soul will provide me with guidance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	13093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1743.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	13094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1563.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	13095  

1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by TempestPowered View Post
    Attachment 12875

In Fairbanks Ak, just got new shoes. Belonged to my father before it became mine.
    Responding to myself just because...
    Dad purchased it new in PA.
    64K on the ticker.
    I remember being driven in it a bit as a child. I rebuilt the motor in the early 90's, but could never get the brakes quite right so I ignored it for the next 26 years as it wasn't mine so I wasn't going to put a ton of effort into it. Acquired title with the promise that if it was made roadworthy again the ol man would be allowed to drive it.
    As I am smarter now than I was in my teens, and the internets now exists, it was back on the road not to long after I found the time to throw at it. (With a 109 CV master cylinder )

Recently finished pulling roughly 1000 rivets and the door seals are now sealing again.
    It's also now sporting parabolic springs and sits level for the first time in my memory.

Nice!
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Hello, new NADA owner and trying to track down the unique parts manual and service manual for these? Have searched this Registry thread, but was not able to find anything specific. I'll be posting some pics and vin as soon as can get to it. Thanks in advance.