Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Quote Originally Posted by TimberPig View Post
    Negative earth for '67 on,including the NADA 109's.
    I assume this was for the full run of nadas (66-67)? I recently saw one with a plaque riveted to the radiator panel that said negative earth but mine doesn't have it, nor does another friend with a nada.

I will take your word for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bfein1075 View Post
    I assume this was for the full run of nadas (66-67)? I recently saw one with a plaque riveted to the radiator panel that said negative earth but mine doesn't have it, nor does another friend with a nada.

I will take your word for it.

Thanks
    The NADA 109 was officially a '67 model, although some were built in '66 (or '68 like mine)and registered as such. From what I know, all were built as negative ground, after the design change from positive ground. Any truck with a black dash from the factory (including the black vinyl wrapped NADA dash) is supposed to be negative earth. Body colour dash was standard for positive ground trucks. The plaque may or may not have made it on at the factory or a rad panel swap could have occurred as well, along with any number of changes made since leaving the factory 50 years ago.
    Last edited by TimberPig; 02-13-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberPig View Post
    The NADA 109 was officially a '67 model, although some were built in '66 (or '68 like mine)and registered as such. From what I know, all were built as negative ground, after the design change from positive ground. Any truck with a black dash from the factory (including the black vinyl wrapped NADA dash) is supposed to be negative earth. Body colour dash was standard for positive ground trucks. The plaque may or may not have made it on at the factory or a rad panel swap could have occurred as well, along with any number of changes made since leaving the factory 50 years ago.
    Thanks. I need a fuel pump and was contemplating the SU version that has a circuit board inside. It looks the same from the outside but is supposedly much more reliable. The only thing is it is not dual polarity so you need to order it neg or positive.

Delete
    Last edited by bfein1075; 02-19-2018 at 11:34 AM.

more detail on #179

fully restored Martin Walter Dormobile - all original retained - original pale green - merimekko curtains - shower, sink, stove, closet, solar panel, sleeps 4 (2 are comfortable).

Quote Originally Posted by janajasa View Post
    more detail on #179

fully restored Martin Walter Dormobile - all original retained - original pale green - merimekko curtains - shower, sink, stove, closet, solar panel, sleeps 4 (2 are comfortable).
    Pics?

I just picked up 34300572. I am located in Seattle, WA. The truck has been off the road since 2002, so I am bringing it back to life. It strangely has a 1968 AMC 232 in it mated to the stock rover trans via a home-made plate. If I can't tickle this motor back to life, I have an old Scotty's adapter laying around that I may employ behind a Chevy 250.

I need a battery. Any suggestions?

When people made old parts work instead of buying new Chinese crap. Awesome!

If you did not get an answer let me know and I'll root through my many manuals and try to find the original Specs. (redbrush2@yahoo.com)