Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfoley1 View Post
    This is the first time that I have endeavored to solve the HDO Question. My research has not provided much information. I can state conclusively that none of the approximately 50 HDO's went to he same place. They were in every color offered, sent to a number of states including Wyoming and Ohio, plus several to various Canadian Provinces, and none had the same name. Several were apparently sold to foreigners residing in the US. One German, one Brit, and one from France. I had "guessed" that HDO meant that they were sent to a "Specialty" shop for modification. 50 "specialty" shops in 2 countries is not logical.

Our unit was very expensive. With 4 ton Koenig Winch, powered off the front PTO, I paid just under $6K for it. That was 6 months pay for a USMC Captain. The sales to "Foreigners" may be a clue. Extending credit to non-citizens was not a common practice. It is possible that HDO meant that the unit was pre-paid.

The photo's showed about the same interior as Clarence. The metal plate in your bottom photo is the only non-factory component shown in these photo's. The under seat heater was most certainly an "add-on". It was not offered when I purchased Clarence. If I can be of any help email me at redbrush2@yahoo.com.

Jim Chandler
    Could HDO stand for Home Delivery Offering or something to that effect. My truck was one:
    B 174 34300176 17 Jun 1966 04 Jul 1966 Red HDO Moore, Altadena, Rover, New York

I can tell you since I have all the original documentation on my truck that the original owner "Moore" ordered her truck direct from the UK. She then flew there, drove it all over Europe, and shipped it back to the USA. I have the import docs and everything for it but she also told me as much the one time we talked.

Hello, I have found #720. It is in Quebec, Canada. Still running, unknown milesge, original drivetrain. Was Limestone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

According to my production records 720 began Production ?? December 1967 and was completed 10 January 1968. It's color was Limestone and it was shipped to HDO Staub Conn USA

According to my production records 720 began Production ?? December 1967 and was completed 10 January 1968. It's color was Limestone and it was shipped to HDO Staub Conn USA
    Cool. It is still Limestone on the inside. I know the owner who has it for the last 40 years or so. Strange how it ended up in quebec.

I own #808, while was registered as a 1969. Would you mind sharing the production data?
    Thanks,

Michel

Michael, 808 began production 3 September 1968 and was completed 20 September 1968. It was painted Light Green. It, along with the other 7 finishing the Production of the 2.6 NADA, was shipped to Leyland, Vancouver.

Attention all hands! If in the past 9 years you asked me for help, and did not get it, or were not satisfied with my response, try again and I'll try to do better.

Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Michael, 808 began production 3 September 1968 and was completed 20 September 1968. It was painted Light Green. It, along with the other 7 finishing the Production of the 2.6 NADA, was shipped to Leyland, Vancouver.

Attention all hands! If in the past 9 years you asked me for help, and did not get it, or were not satisfied with my response, try again and I'll try to do better.

Thanks! I always thought that all NADA - 6 cylinder were made in 1967. This explains why mine was registered as a 1969.

Cheers,

Michel

[QUOTE=patrickfoley1;110176]Good Luck and have much fun. According to my records 544 began production 28 November 1966 and was completed 6 December 1966. Original Color was Limestone and it was shipped to Rover, Vancouver. I have copies of the Parts and Repair Manuals for our Units. I am an Original Owner. Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)[/QUOTE
    great info. My reg. Shows a 68 model year, past posts help explain.

Default #757 - nada 109

Purchased 34300757A in Sept 2018 in Armstrong BC. Undergoing full frame off restoration as chassis is disintegrating. Previous owner(s) did not take good care of it at all - mostly patched over rusty bits and body damage. Basically left for dead. Looking forward to reviving this to its former glory.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1917.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	13000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4743.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	13001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5298.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	13002

757 began production 11 June 1968 and production was completed 21 June. Color Marine Blue. Shipped to: HDO Roverts for Canada.

Hey all. Jason out in The State of Jefferson (Northern California) here. Picked up number 168 last August it had been sitting on the side of the road since 2011 according to the PO. It’s got a Scotty’s 250 conversion and need plenty of talc to bring it back to life it doesn’t show well but with a little elbow grease I think it will be back on rev road soon. This is my first series truck but I have owned 3 other more modern rovers. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions in the future. Hope y’all don’t mind me asking. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44B14D6B-C39F-4F07-9143-CF9A1704B6DC.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	13017