Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Default that was fast

Did you just buy that thing? Last time I saw it it looked.. like crud. Its a beauty now!
    1968 Land Rover "Park Ranger" camper **SOLD**
    1967 109 **SOLD**
    NADA Dormobile #601 **SOLD**
    1965 IIA 88 2.5NA Diesel
    1963 Mercedes 300se
    1975 Volvo C303
    KJ6AQK

Default Still a WIP but starting to come together...

Thanks Linus

I did buy it from Matt out in CA about 4-5 months ago..

I redid/swapped some interior elephant hide from project truck, redid some of the electrical stuff, added the pangolin bumper and have been working on the "coach paint" job and carawagon roof conversion.

The roof has been quite a labor of love but it is finally in the last stages of completion.

There are still some things that need to be done like brake work, maybe some exhaust work, need to add in the carawagon modified furniture and extra bunk.....

So hopefully there will be some time to take her out camping this spring and summer!

I will try to post some more photos once nearly complete!

-Thanks
    Tim

# 619 reporting in from Salt Lake City Utah! She's absolutely original except for the chevy 250 straight 6, and an Ashcroft high ratio tranny.. Pics will come soon!
    1956 86" S1
    1957 88" S1
    1967 109" SIIA NADA
    2007 LR3

Default Koenig Winch Question

It appears that my NADA 6 was originally equipped with a Koenig Model LR621 PTO winch. I was wondering how many others have them. Does your NADA 6 have one of the following Koenig winches installed?
    LR-591 Crank Driven Winch
    LR-592 Crank Driven Winch w/Cab Controls
    LR-621 PTO Winch

Thanks,

Keith Shukait
    USA Area Rep
    Dormobile Owner's Club
    1967 NADA Series IIA Dormobile "Indiana"

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Quote Originally Posted by utahseries
    # 619 reporting in from Salt Lake City Utah! She's absolutely original except for the chevy 250 straight 6, and an Ashcroft high ratio tranny.. Pics will come soon!
    Welcome to the Registry! I've added your NADA 109 to the list on page one, look for a signature logo soon.
    #619 - utahseries - Salt Lake City, Utah
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

All NADA 109 Registry logos have been updated. With the exception of #619, still working on this, should be soon.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

#596 was on ebay the other week. Looks like it has had some mods and needs some TLC now.

#439 Wilmington, NC

Getting ready to be completely redone. May need some advice.
    Body is lifted now as I type..

Frame is shot, not sure the condition of the engine. Thinking of going coil on 110 frame with 4.0 and auto......Am I crazy not to go original-ish?
    Last edited by bryantate; 05-23-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Am I crazy not to go original-ish?
    for me, the decision was based on how we planned to use the vehicle.

Blueboy has been across the US 3 times, used for camping, off-highway, and numerous other chores on our farm.

the drivetrain is a copy of a '93 US 110 which has it's + and -, yet, for the most part +.

rest of the Rover is '67 IIa.

after having a 110 with a 300tdi in Brasil, I'd probably go for a diesel vs gas although that has + and - as well.

if you haven't already, check out TeriAnne's site for some good info:
    http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/

Jaime
    One Life Live It

Thanks. Did you go coil? Need some guidance here, my bulkhead is good. Frame is rusted beyond repair, engine is reported to run.
    I am getting a 110 frame with it. Was thinking I would get a 99 disco and move it to 110 frame. Move body onto 110 frame. I read somewhere that the v8 wouldn't fit into the straight 6 bulkhead. Wondering how much modification it would take to fit the v8. A little trimming and metal work or lots? Then will the breakfast still fit with some mods? Today i Started thinking of going original. I'm not sure what frame to get. Are there any covetted pieces that I should make sure I have before starting a restoration?