#271 on ebay.

Default 109 NADA

#784, rotten chassis, was 292 six conversion now on 110 chassis in storage
    Gord'n
    Gord'n Perrott
    Lamorna Garage Seattle

Default 109 NADA #33 Barn Find

Greetings,

I recently acquired NADA #33. The LR had been sitting for the past 23 years in a parking garage. Everything looks to be intact. No rust issues, just some rather unsightly dents here and there. Appears to be all original, 2.6L Rover 6-cyl still in place. Not running but it does turn over freely with the hand crank. I suspect problems with the valves/head because I found it with the spark plugs removed and based on everything I have read.

I am looking forward to the cleanup, compression test and seeing what it will take to run again. My plan is to make it run, fix the leaks, get it turn key while keeping it as original as possible, with the exception of new tubeless style rims and modern tubeless radials.

Here are some pics, more to come.

The first pic is how I found it, in the owner's parking garage, tires flat, oil everywhere, but solid and in one piece. The LR was basically being used as a storage locker.

The second pic is on the back of the wheel lift, compliments of AAA, the first time outside in 23 years. Note the dust and dirt.

The last pic is after some cleaning and buffing with One Grand paint resealer/cleaner. Love the Marine Blue paint!!!

Last edited by GPx; 12-10-2009 at 02:29 AM. Reason: misspelled word and correction to engine size.

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Welcome to the registry! Looks nice, of course all of us will want to hear about the details on how you found this gem. I'll add you to the registry and build a signature graphic for you.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Here are some new pics I took while cleaning things up. Getting ready to dive into the engine soon.

Here are some close ups of the badges in the breakfast and an original Lucas fuse in the fuse block.

Default New Member First Entry

I took delivery of NADA Chassis Number 34300717A, Engine Number
    34300706A on 21 March 1968. I purchased it from a Dealer in Maryland.
    In 1975 the engine blew and I had three Children in High School, looking
    forward to going to college. The Land Rover was parked under a tree and
    stayed parked until 2005 when I decided to dig it out of the jungle that had
    grown up around and through it.

My late wife became ill in late 2005 and I did not return to the project until early 2009. I'll attach photo's once I figure out how to do so. I am no longer physically able to do the work myself. (If I ever was.) There is a shop here in Bethel that specializes in the Restoration of Antique Farm Machinery. Kelch’s Repair Service. They have rebuilt Tractors that are over 100 years old. In some instances the Manufacturers have been out of business for decades.

They have developed a list of specialized vendors who can
    reproduce just about any part required. They agreed to undertake the
    restoration of the Unit on the basis that it gets worked on when their Active
    Farm Machinery Repair Business is slow.

In all honesty, the restoration has not been and is not a financially prudent
    undertaking. The engine rebuild has run between $4-$5 K, and we have not tried to run it. The Restoration is not intended for Car Shows, but rather to be used in it’s Original Purpose.

The NADA will be mounted on a new Chassis, from Rovers North and will have a new Galvanized Bulkhead which is currently being produced by Pegasus. It has a new fuel tank.

The Original SU Carburetter AUD 201 has been rebuilt by Joe Curto. The
    Original Fuel Pump has been rebuilt by David DuBois. The Original Distributor has been rebuilt by Advanced Distributors. R I WIRING SERVICE, INC. fabricated a new NADA Wiring Harness.

Charles Kellog at British Northwest Land-Rover is providing a complete new
    headliner and some insulation. New Elephant Hide seat cushions and interior panels have been supplied by Rovers North. All four side doors are being replaced.

Rover Racks has fabricated a new roof top rack. Two "B" Posts are on Back Order at Craddock which has one and is waiting for Land Rover to
    produce the other.

Starting in 2005 I have had the good fortune to develop an excellent list of
    vendors, foreign and domestic. If anyone reading this wants my input
    concerning suppliers feel free to contact me. Many parts have been acquired at Auction.
    Jim Chandler

redbrush2@yahoo.com 2

Default Please Add My Unit To Registry

717A Purchased new Maryland Dealer March 1968. Being Restored Bethel Ohio. Jim Chandler redbrush2@yahoo.com

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Welcome Jim!

I'll get you listed as soon as I can and create a numbered icon registry logo for your forum signature.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Wow,nice to hear from an original owner!
    Rarely do you come across original 60's owners let alone original owners actually getting down to business restoring them.
    All the best with the restoration,Jim!
    PS,Did you ever diagnose the cause of the blown engine?