Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

A hole appeared through the #5 piston. My two teen aged sons were returning to Ohio from Southern Indiana where we had spent the weekend snaking logs out with the winch. No one has a clue as to what caused the hole. I never found a missle.
    Jim

I have read through the pages of this registry and note that many members are looking for answers. I began researching NADA (I was unaware of the category when I purchased the Unit in 1968) in the 2003-2004 period. I have in PDF much information, some of which may no longer be posted on the net. These include, but are not restricted to the NADA Production Records-Date of Manufacture, Color, Selling Dealer; a 120 page Thread discussing NADA and other models, created in 1993; and "A History of Land Rover." I'll be happy to attach any of the above to an email. I will also be happy to provide a list of the other archives I have.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantate View Post
    Thanks. Did you go coil? Need some guidance here, my bulkhead is good. Frame is rusted beyond repair, engine is reported to run.
    I am getting a 110 frame with it. Was thinking I would get a 99 disco and move it to 110 frame. Move body onto 110 frame. I read somewhere that the v8 wouldn't fit into the straight 6 bulkhead. Wondering how much modification it would take to fit the v8. A little trimming and metal work or lots? Then will the breakfast still fit with some mods? Today i Started thinking of going original. I'm not sure what frame to get. Are there any covetted pieces that I should make sure I have before starting a restoration?
    Years ago I read a discussion regarding installing a V-8, or any other significantly more powerful engine in a NADA Drive Train. The exchange was between what appeared to be two very experienced Land Rover Mechanics. Their recommendation was "DON'T"! They agreed with each other that the Drive Train was not designed to be hooked up to a high powered engine. A quote that has stuck with me over the years went something like this: "Land Rovers are about Gearing, not Horsepower." patrickfoley1

Quote Originally Posted by Crocuta View Post
    Hello all!
    I have owned a NADA 6 cyl 109 station wagon since about 2000 or so when I picked it up from a man in Pocahontas Arkansas who didn't know what he had and at the time I didn't know it was that special. The previous owner from him had chopped the body up to make it into a pickup body so they had sawzalled the back of the roof and roof sides and sheet metal screwed them to the back of the pillar behind the driver door.
    Once I got it home I was calling Rovers North for parts and they told me it was not your average Rover. Since then I have slowly searched out all the body parts I needed to get the body back to the Station Wagon it should have been.
    It is currently not running and still resides at my Mom's house in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. I live in Fremont, CA and have not brought it out because I always kept thinking I was going to move again but 8 years later and I have yet to move so soon it will be brought out and I'll continue restoration.

Long story short, currently awaiting restoration in Pine Bluff, AR
    It has a vin # of 231A
    Is there any significance of the A?

Back home I also have extensive records on it from first sale to a Forest Service worker up in Washington state up until the 80s when it made it to Okalahoma and then no records till the man in north Arkansas got it.
    I've yet to see what the Rover factory has to say about it.
    When I get the records out here I can post its history outline if anyone might be interested.

Amusing thing was that the frame bits that stick out to the sides were packed with dirt. I dug it all out and as I did my Mom who is a geologist said the dirt was volcanic and there wasn't any soil like that anywhere in the midwest. Later that night I dug through the records and found out it was in the pacific north west. I always find it interesting the traces left within the vehicle that tell of it's own past.

Sorry for the long winded first post!
    -Marshall Gardner
    Fremont, CA
    According to Land Rover Production Records 231 went into Production on 1 July 1966. Production was completed 11 July 1966. The Color was Light Green. It was then dispatched to Rover San Francisco. I hope this information is useful to you.
    Regards, patrickfoley1

Quote Originally Posted by sailingzulu View Post
    Jeremy
    I have #734 (shipped to Canada in 1968) 109 NADA station wagon in Limestone c/w safari roof but mine has a factory 2.25L Diesel ( go figure?) with an overdrive unit. Chassis plate indictes a series IIA but the body is a series III ,I am in the process of trying to search with Land Rover in the UK for the factory records. It is under going a chassis up restoration. I am located in Ontario, Canada

Mark
    I've looked at my copy of Land Rovers Production Records. They show an uncertainty as to the date Production started, but Production ended 7 January 1968 (It appears that Units took anywhere from 5 to 11 plus days in Production. Color was Limestone. It was Dispatched to Mr. J. Hollins, Ottawa. You may have already found this information in the 14 months since your posting. If not I hope this helps you.
    patrickfoley1

Quote Originally Posted by dansalisbury72 View Post
    #34300083A is in Fayetteville, NC

purchased last year from a guy in NC, who I believe purchased it from a Series Rover shop in Asheville, NC, who I believe purchased it from an older gentleman in Atlanta, GA. That's all the history I have on it so far. I have some resto pictures from one of the previous owners where it was stripped down to the frame. If anyone owned it in the past, please let me know - I would love to know more of its history.
    According to my Copy of the Land Rover Production Records for 083 Production began 28 April 1966 and the Unit was completed 1 June 1966. The Color was Limestone and it was dispatched to Rover Jacksonville. Regards,
    patrickfoley1

Quote Originally Posted by ckuhtz View Post
    Oh, and I'm looking for a driver's left wing. Anyone have any pointers?

(Mine got crunched at the beginning of it's final move to our house in an unfortunate incident with a @#$%& tow truck operator and I was winched and then rolled into a tree. Don't get me started, I still get white hot just thinking about that whole mess.)
    If you are still in need for one, come back at me and I'll try to help you find one.
    patrickfoley1

Quote Originally Posted by highmile View Post
    Hey guys!

Thompson (aka TSR53) has been gracious enough to create a NADA Registry logo for us 1967 NADA 109 guys. What do you think?

It looks like he is willing to make one for each vehicle # if you are interested. I have added mine as part of my signature.

Enjoy!

If they are still being made, I'll take one patrickfoley1 717A

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Thank you for all the technical build details, wonderful addition to the registry.

Yes, I will design a registry logo for you . Should be soon, busy at the moment.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Mine has the PTO 621, and hopefully it will be restored as part of the complete rebuild. I have picked up bits and pieces over the past 5 years at auction. Hopefully I'll have the necessary spares to make the rebuild possible. patrickfoley1