Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Default For Sale: #302 - Portland OR

Change in plans prompts sale of NADA 109SW #302. Located in Portland, OR. The truck is an excellent restoration candidate. It is fairly complete and has a Chevy 250 conversion. It need to be taken apart, painted, and put back together. All the usual stuff like brakes, fuel systems, and wiring need to be addressed. And it needs an interior. A new back door wouldn't hurt. Corrosion in the usual spots, firewall, doors, and pillars, exists, but is minimal - all can be easily restored.

Lots of pictures at this web site:

http://web.mac.com/ksfischer/iWeb/LandRover/109SW.html

Ask questions and I can take more pictures.

Asking $4500.

A restored chassis is also available in Paso Robles, CA, for $1000.

Ken Fischer
    ksfischer@mac.com

Default Doors... help keep my kids getting soaked

A previous owner of my 109 made the middle doors into 2 part doors- not bad but they do not really close all that well and now and seem like they channel rain onto my kids in the back more than they keep it out. Looking to see if anyone has a line on some 2-2a-3 doors in half decent condition that they would be willing to part with –

Have a set of the replacement doors from the hosts but am unable to locate the galvanized trim or windows so if you have them lying about I would also be interested

Andrew #479

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

If they are still being made, I'll take one patrickfoley1 717A
    I've added your 109 NADA to the registry listing on the first page.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

I think my 109 is a 68 but here is the VIN: 34300728A. Looked it up on the VIN finder and it just lists it as a date range. This truck is in Rutland Vermont and was poorly "restored" by someone in Florida about 10 years ago. I am currently working on it and given the condition of the frame I am considering putting everything onto my 100" range rover chassis ....which would be stretched to work.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoswede View Post
    I think my 109 is a 68 but here is the VIN: 34300728A. Looked it up on the VIN finder and it just lists it as a date range. This truck is in Rutland Vermont and was poorly "restored" by someone in Florida about 10 years ago. I am currently working on it and given the condition of the frame I am considering putting everything onto my 100" range rover chassis ....which would be stretched to work.
    The records I downloaded several years ago show a question mark as to the start of production in 1967,of your Unit, and a completion date of 15 February 1968. Your unit was then sent to Rover Newfoundland. Stricter Pollution Standards went into effect 1 January 1968 and in theory all units produced after that date could not be shipped directly to the US. However,#724 was built in January 1968 and went to California. Starting with #725 all went to Canada according to the records I downloaded in 2005.

Thank You Very Much
    Patrickfoley1

My restoration will be on a new chassis purchased from out Hosts a year ago. Most of my old chassis is in good shape, but it has rusted out (or close to it) in a couple of spots. You are welcome to it, at no charge, but you must come and get it. If you are interested email me at redbrush2@yahoo.com. I have some photo's, and can target specific areas with more photo's if you are interested. I don't want to send it to the scrap yard.
    patrickfoley1

I just picked up a good used bulkhead and had a chat with the seller. He knew of several other 109 chassis for good prices and in good useable shape so i think I'll pursue those. I could probably strip my chassis down and repair it but I think it would not be worth the time it would take...plus I'd rather swap parts over to a frame then have them sitting somewhere for a while.

So did I read your post correctly in that my truck likely came down from Canada? I have a bunch of receipts and corresponding emails so I'll look over those again and see if I can figure out the origin. I do have a title but I don't think it will be much help.

If anyone ever pulls the 2.6 or has the part kicking around, I am interested in putting the westlake head on my euro spec 2.6. Not in any rush since I haven't seen my truck in 7+ months but wanted to put it out there if someone eventually makes the switch...

Maybe someone here knows if it is even worth it, supposedly it provides more power than the euro version. I also need an exhaust manifold someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    If anyone ever pulls the 2.6 or has the part kicking around, I am interested in putting the westlake head on my euro spec 2.6. Not in any rush since I haven't seen my truck in 7+ months but wanted to put it out there if someone eventually makes the switch...

Maybe someone here knows if it is even worth it, supposedly it provides more power than the euro version. I also need an exhaust manifold someday.
    the 6 in my 109 is long gone. I don't know who pulled it or when but all I have now is the 2.25....and a smoky low compression one at that.