Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

The frame is different as the engine is longer, I'm not sure the specifics. I believe the station wagon and puckup frame are the same, though i could be wrong. I know my frame has extra cross members that appear to line up with the back doors. The green bible has very good coverage of the 2.6, about the only place actually.

If the "Green Bible" you reference is AKM8159 Edition 1, it does not cover the Weslake Head Engine that the NADA 109 Units have. It should be valid for most mechanical and structural aspects of the 2.6L 109's. The NADA Wiring Harness is different in that the NADA Battery is under the Drivers Seat, but I believe the other 2.6's have their battery under the Bonnet. The best source of information concerning the Weslake Head Engine is a Rover Workshop Manual. The Green Bible covers the 7:1 and 7.8:1 engines. The NADA Engine is 8.8:1. If I can be of any help, I have most of the manuals and parts lists that cover the NADA Version, as well as the non-NADA 2.6 engines out there. patrickfoley1 (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Thanks! I have a standard 2.6, although the battery is under the seat? Theres a bunch of oddball aspects to my p-up, so I'll add it to the list. If there is any literature specific to the 2.6, besides the green book, I'd appreciate any sources for it.
    8.8:1, it must be a noticable power boost. Is the combustion chamber much different in shape?

#249 was a movie car. Used in War of the Worlds, Jarhead, and Bucketlist; tv shows such as Grey's Anatomy and The Unit. From the Bucketlist movie, the hole in the roof over the rear seat floor that was cut in for Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman to stand through during the safari segment of the movie, still has the reinforcing 1" square tubing welded in place as well as the sealant applied to when the cut out was refitted. Originally Marine Blue and now a nice flat tan. Derek Dilks of Harrisburg, PA owned the car for the last 3 years and will soon be delivered to it's new owner. I have a lot of pix, but hopefully it will leave my shop in the next week or so after we tidy up a few things for East Coast use. Like heat and demist.

Thanks!

Trevor

The bhp on the 7.8:1 is reported at 93 or 95 depending on the source. The 8.8:1 is reported to be 123. Land Rover was trying to provide a unit that could comfortably travel at Interstate Speeds which at that time was as high as "Unlimited" in some western states. From personal experience I can report that even though the overdrive had yet to be offered, Clarence could run at 75 MPH. Gas mileage was a different matter. You could purchase 2 US Luxury Auto's with money left over, for what I paid for Clarence. I'm driving over to Loogootee, IN. this morning to visit my wife's grave. I'll return tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to respond to the other aspects of your thread Thursday. patrickfoley1-redbrush2@yahoo.com- Jim Chandler

Default #78 is for sale

Hey guys,

I have owned #78 since early 2005. She was an almost completely original unmolested truck and was subsequently disassembled down to the frame. She's almost completely in parts, save engine, drive train.

Well, that's where things stopped as I've gotten too busy with two young kids and work to make any progress on it in the last couple of years and wife's advocating that we sell it. I've finally given in and she's on the block for $2K.

Frame is repairable, needs front horns and rear crossmember & extension (spring mounts are good). Axles have been stripped to metal with wirewheels, inside look in great shape. Engine is original and not seized. Fluids were filtered when they came out years ago and no debris was found. Body is straight, only damage is an unfortunate tow truck @#%& accident when I bought it and was gently winched into a tree (don't get me started) which put a crease in the front top of the left wing. The outside panel and inside is fine, the round bit needs an aluminum sheet fitted. -- the bumper took the force of the impact. Rest of body is in great shape. T-posts were toast when I got her. Bulkhead needs new footwells and door posts, but is solid otherwise.

Anyway, I have hundreds of pictures from the disassembly as I documented the original truck and then every step of the disassembly. I have the supplements for the NADA 2.6l 6cyl engine, and bunch of other bits and pieces.

Email christian@kuhtz.com or call 404-435-5389 if interested.

Best regards,
    Christian

1967 MGB convertible
    1966 SIIa 88 Softop Perkins Prima Powered
    1964 SIIa 109 Rosenbauer TLF
    1976 1ton Rapier missle Sankey trailer
    1996 BMW 1100 GS

wanted ! 107 wagon / 110 wagon v8 or 300tdi

That is the post above yours.

Christian, if you have the truck for a little bit, I may be interested in it this summer.
    WAR EAGLE!

65 IIa 88
    95 RRC 25th Anniversary
    98 Discovery LE7
    00 DII (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by AU_88 View Post
    That is the post above yours.

Christian, if you have the truck for a little bit, I may be interested in it this summer.
    Good Morning Christian;
    Have you and your Bride given any thought to using the reconstruction of old #78 as a "Learning Experience" for your Offspring? All youngsters should learn to work with their hands and a Land Rover provides a great opportunity to learn how to use hand tools, and to learn how to read manuals. It appears from your description that #78 is an excellent opportunity. When they are older they will be able to enjoy the benefits of Series Land Rover Ownership.

patrickfoley1 Bethel, OH

Quote Originally Posted by scottlong View Post
    Thanks! I have a standard 2.6, although the battery is under the seat? Theres a bunch of oddball aspects to my p-up, so I'll add it to the list. If there is any literature specific to the 2.6, besides the green book, I'd appreciate any sources for it.
    8.8:1, it must be a noticable power boost. Is the combustion chamber much different in shape?
    I was mistaken about other 2.6 L Engine Units having their Batteries under the Bonnet. I did some research and it appears that all had their Batteries under the seat. I am not sure if the location was always under the Drivers Seat.

Below is a direct Quote from the Parts Catalogue that was printed for the NADA.

CHASSIS FRAME
    Number 4 crossmember moved back 3t". Scrolls for hand brake relay moved back. Revised exhaust brackets. Additional mounting brackets for fuel pump and fuel filter. 'Battery' platform revised to act as a mounting for the servo unit. New engine mounting brackets.

The Weslake Head creates a different combustion chamber. There are a variety of Pistons for the 2.6 Rover Engine. The 2.6 L was produced for a number of years. Some of the Blocks can be equipped with the Weslake, but not all. My UK Rover Parts Source has explained to me which ones can be so equipped and which ones cannot.
    patrickfoley1 (Jim Chandler) Bethel, OH
    Last edited by patrickfoley1; 01-26-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Left out part of the answer