Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The NADA's also have a different bulkhead than the 2-1/4 trucks. The transmission cutout is larger and more square.

-Jeff

#271 on ebay.

Default 109 NADA

#784, rotten chassis, was 292 six conversion now on 110 chassis in storage
    Gord'n
    Gord'n Perrott
    Lamorna Garage Seattle

Default 109 NADA #33 Barn Find

Greetings,

I recently acquired NADA #33. The LR had been sitting for the past 23 years in a parking garage. Everything looks to be intact. No rust issues, just some rather unsightly dents here and there. Appears to be all original, 2.6L Rover 6-cyl still in place. Not running but it does turn over freely with the hand crank. I suspect problems with the valves/head because I found it with the spark plugs removed and based on everything I have read.

I am looking forward to the cleanup, compression test and seeing what it will take to run again. My plan is to make it run, fix the leaks, get it turn key while keeping it as original as possible, with the exception of new tubeless style rims and modern tubeless radials.

Here are some pics, more to come.

The first pic is how I found it, in the owner's parking garage, tires flat, oil everywhere, but solid and in one piece. The LR was basically being used as a storage locker.

The second pic is on the back of the wheel lift, compliments of AAA, the first time outside in 23 years. Note the dust and dirt.

The last pic is after some cleaning and buffing with One Grand paint resealer/cleaner. Love the Marine Blue paint!!!

Last edited by GPx; 12-10-2009 at 02:29 AM. Reason: misspelled word and correction to engine size.

34300411A is located in San Antonio, TX. I purchased it in 2015 from a friend who bought it in the late 1970's. I have the original engine but the transmission and transfer case are gone. Completed Nov 21,1966 in light green, it was imported through the port of Houston, TX. It's currently being upgraded with the installation of Stage 1 axles, a 1994 3.9 liter V-8, a ZF 4HP422 transmission and a 2004 LT230 transfer case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	'67 Series IIA 1.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	12460
    "Now the company of rogues and cutthroats is complete."

1993 RRC County LWB, Ardennes green
    1967 Series IIa 109" NADA Station Wagon Light green
    1996 Discovery SE7 Epsom green R.I.P.

Just picked up 34300110A. Originally sold at Carbury Motors in Willits CA. Pre-delivery inspection done 8/12/66.

Name:	IMG_5454.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	12466

Name:	IMG_5467.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	12465

Name:	IMG_5456.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	12468

-Jeff

Why is the registry no longer being updated?

I suspect that all of the interested parties have joined,and the only time they enter the Forum is when they have a question or want to provide an answer to question.
    patrickfoley1 (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Quote Originally Posted by RPGreg2600 View Post
    Why is the registry no longer being updated?
    Yea I wonder too. I have 343 and provided that information on this thread a couple years ago. It’s not been added to the list.

Default #21

I have recently inherited 34300021A from the original owner, Harry. Harry past away in November and thought I would be good for the old Rover. He loved the Land Rover and talked about it often. I never saw it until I owned it. Harry put 66k miles on it and kept it in the garage for the last 25+ years of it's life. It needs some work, but mainly just seals and minor maintenance. After a tuneup, carb kit and some fuel lines replaced, it's up and running very well. The Rover now resides in Denver, CO. I'm not sure if I have the space to hang on to it with the care it needs (Garage space).
    I could use advice on typical maintenance issues and value if someone's willing to help a Rover newbe.
    I normally drive a well modified Tacoma in the hills, but don't hold that against me. It gets me there when most others can't. I'm kinda hard on trucks, so I'm afraid of hurting the Rover. Is this normal? Just how tough are they?

Kevin Hiller