Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Owner of 34300728A which I bought off another member here on the forums.
    Right now it is in Vermont and although there was shall we say a 'misfire' with the first place that was going to fix it, its heading to Boston after the new year so I can start restoring it back to as original as possible.
    Got the Heritage paperwork on its way as well as the Green Bible and will be pestering all of you for the better part of the upcoming year
    paul

Good Morning Paul;
    Welcome to the Club. You may discover that the Green Bible coverage of the 2.6 L engine begins with series 345_____. The NADA is series 343_____. The former covers engines of lesser HP. The NADA has the Weslake Head. The Weslake Head does not seem to fit on the 345&346 series blocks.

A reproduction of the Shop Manual is available from Charles Kellogg at British North West Land Rover.
    I have an exceptionally well qualified UK Contact for Engine Parts and Information. I believe he worked with the Engine when it was being produced for the Rover Sedan. He is at least as old as I am, and is sometime slow to respond. I was born in '35.

Patrick thank you!

You are most welcome. If you wish to conduct lengthy exchanges with me, my email address is redbrush2@yahoo.com.

Jim Chandler-Bethel, OH (patrickfoley1)

My son and I are the new owners of 109 NADA # 527. It is a quite complete and original example and we are happy to have it. #527 is red and has spent its life in New England. We are in Maine so #527 is still at home. It is being stored for the winter and we plan to start the restoration when the weather warms up. #527 has the original Weslake 6 engine which, as far as we can tell, runs well. The frame has had some work done to it and it is solid and well oiled. The body panels are straight and all there. In general #527 has been well cared for by its pervious owners and we plan to do the same.

I see that a registration decal with the truck's number may be available. How can we go about registering and get a decal?

In general #527 has been well cared for by its pervious owners and we plan to do the same.
    Freudian slip?

Default #'s 436, 484, 719

#'s

436 - rescued from Arkansas
    484 - rescued from Pennsylvania
    719 - rescued from Kentucky

are all hanging out with me in Pinehurst, NC undergoing various stages of restoration.

They happily spend time with their siblings in the driveway and garage:

1964 109 5 door
    1966 109 5 door
    2002 P38 HSE (tow vehicle for bringing 436 and 719 to North Carolina)
    2006 Supercharged (tow vehicle for bringing 484 from Pennsylvania)

- and are very happy to be rescued from their prior, stationary existence

Please see my recent post on the forum requesting information from all 109 NADA owners. Perhaps you can help me.

Correction from my post. I am the owner of #527 not #524

Quote Originally Posted by Paul and Judson View Post
    I see that a registration decal with the truck's number may be available. How can we go about registering and get a decal?
    Welcome to the registry! I will add you to the registry list on page one and get your decal graphic made.

Cheers, Thompson
    Cheers, Thompson
    Creative Director / Art Director
    Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Found # 283 in New Mexico, it had been sitting since 89, under a coating of mud that refused to come off was a rust free beauty. Ended up with a 5.3 vortec mated to a nv4500, roam disk brakes, Detroit locker and a mess of other stuff I hope my wife never asks about. Oh and about a year in the shop every spare moment. Now living in Tahoe and Reno.
    JeffName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1377750251.158589.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  77.3 KB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Stolidog; 08-29-2013 at 08:20 AM.