Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

How is your restoration progressing? I have made a few posts today after more than a year's dormancy. If I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask. I have a fairly complete set of Shop Manuals for the NADA and the Engine. Also Parts Manuals.

I have loaded up on spare parts over the years and have developed an extensive list of vendors both here and over the Pond. You might want to scan my Postings since 2010 for answers to questions you might have.

Jim Chandler redbrush2@yahoo.com

I have #749 which is located in Richmond BC in need of a full restoration when I have time (hopefully someday...). I bought it in 1998 from a garage in Grassy Plains, BC. Up until summer 2014 it has been sitting in a field in Prince George, BC which is when I moved it down to Richmond. The rear of the frame is pretty shot. The original engine was taken out years ago due to a hole blown in the block, but I have a replacement 2.6 NADA engine in the event that I actually have the guts to try and re-build it.

34300552A, currently being restored into a hybrid defender 110 build.

#585 Amesbury, MA Starting the rebuild soon!

Name:  NADA.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  125.5 KB

Where did you find it. Is that one of the Brewer trucks? If it is then you lucked out getting the seller to return messages.
    Jim

Congratulation on your purchase. Welcome to the NADA 109 club. Looks like a nice example. Does it have Series 3 wings and headlights?

Jim,

It is one of the Brewer Maine Club! I had a hard time getting it, just via text! But he was a man that kept his promise. I put it in the barn, had not got a lot of time to look at it yet, but frame looks extremely good. They put a 2.25 in it, haven't tried to start it yet. They also put the Series 3 wings and lights on it yes. I knew from the VIN it was NADA, the heated front screens, the vacuum assist (?), motor mounts different spots, battery under seats and a couple more things. I just want to get it running now, put a Turner 2.25 in it, new B-post T-pieces, and the such.

Paul and Judson,

Thanks!!! I have to swing by and look at yours!

I know I lucked out, all the seats are good, frame, firewall is minimal rust, body panels straight. Just doesn't have the 2.6, but know I will eventually put a 200Tdi in it. All I need is a year off from work...

PM me when you want to come to Kennebunkport to see ours.
    We are doing some work on it.
    Paul

Very nice that you got it I have 211A. If you change out the vacuum assist, may need it when or if you sell that part. I plan on keeping my 11 x 3 brake in the front drums.. Brett in Santa Cruz rebuild my brakes this summer. Took lots of brake fluid to get the air out of the system

.Attachment 11132Attachment 11133

josh
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

I'm 6 years late in responding, but the Westlake Head won't work on the Euro-6.The oil return ports don't match up.

Jim Chandler-Bethel,OH