Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

#527 has an running original Weslake 6.

Hi everyone,

I picked up chassis #585 from a fellow Rover hoarder back in June!

She's very much complete, a 2.25 was swapped in at some point but shes not running at the moment. Judging by the production date of her tires, shes been down since the late 90's.

My plans are to rebuild the drive train, swap in different axles with disc brakes and possibly go through a coil spring conversion.. There are only a couple of panels that need to be replaced due to rot, other than those, shes solid. I'd like to retain the worn body look and will likely not paint it in the mean time. My main focus is to make her a capable runner as a sub for my LR3 for daily commutes

On a side note, this NADA is the oldest vehicle that I've owned. I typically chase after every bit of info that I can dig up on a car before buying. For this NADA, I was only able to check in with the police department to make sure that she was not reported as stolen at any point. Can anyone suggest a website, or maybe an agency that I can ring up and submit my vin over to get some deeper info?

Cheers,
    Renan

Welcome to the club Renan;

I downloaded the production schedule for the 109 2.6L NADA some years ago. It appears that Rovers New York took delivery of 5 sequential units in late December 1966 or early January 1967. Production of 585 began on 6 December 1966 and was completed on 14 December. It, and units 583 and 584 were painted Limestone. 586 and 587 were painted Red.

The Wings on the unit have been replaced with a later model wing. The may have occurred when the engine was replaced. As constructed, the NADA headlights were recessed on the grill. If I can be of any further help please feel free to contact me redbrush2@yahoo.com. Jim Chandler I believe that I am the only Original Owner in the Forum.

hi all

where would you get a wiring harness for a 109 nada?
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Kara Pease
    R I WIRING SERVICE, INC.

Info Wire <info@riwire.com>

Jim Chandier redbrush2@yahoo.com

Hi folks
    Am new to the Registry. Im the custodian of #785A and the mortal remains of another (red) NADA109 ... got bulkhead (no ID, complete engine, axles and sundry bits and pieces. Pic of #785A attached
    cheers

Andrew

Name:  Omnibus #1.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  123.7 KB

#785A has a running Weslake ... runs and drives well, but needs full resto ... the 6-pot will be sympathetically overhauled and put back in ... NADA isn't a NADA without the original engine ...in my humble opinion

Good Morning Andrew; Welcome to the Club! According to the Production Records that I downloaded some years back, 785 began production 26 Aug 1968 and was completed 30 August 1968. It was painted Limestone and shipped to Leyland, Vancouver. A number of late production units were shipped to that destination. The other unit you have may be among these. Every unit subsequent to 724 was shipped to a Canadian Dealer. The units no longer met pollution standards in the US.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to email me. Jim Chandler-redbrush2@yahoo.com. I concur with you regarding the NADA engine. The larger replacement engines that people used to substitute for the 2.6 proved destructive to the Transmissions and Transfer Boxes. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfoley1 View Post
    Good Morning Andrew; Welcome to the Club! According to the Production Records that I downloaded some years back, 785 began production 26 Aug 1968 and was completed 30 August 1968. It was painted Limestone and shipped to Leyland, Vancouver. A number of late production units were shipped to that destination. The other unit you have may be among these. Every unit subsequent to 724 was shipped to a Canadian Dealer. The units no longer met pollution standards in the US.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to email me. Jim Chandler-redbrush2@yahoo.com. I concur with you regarding the NADA engine. The larger replacement engines that people used to substitute for the 2.6 proved destructive to the Transmissions and Transfer Boxes. Jim
    That makes sense because my #768 started in Canada, originally sold to the BC fisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Armordave View Post
    Ok how many are still existing with a working Westlake? Let's hear a shout out.

#712 still rolling with the Westlake it was born with...