Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Quote Originally Posted by clearcut View Post
    Here is a link on the 1967 NADA with the 2.6L Motor

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8O...ew?usp=sharing

See page 18

Josh T
    Yea he beat me up when I referred to that article. Says it is wrong, I was wrong etc. he is a big believer in James Taylors book which he says, in the revised edition, lists the 10.5:1 number. I just read and like to know the facts, whatever they are.

I am quoting from the Owners Instruction Manual, Part No 4846 U.K Edition. Page Twenty Nine... Mid Page

Engine, 6-cylinder Petrol models
    Bore 3.063 in. (77,8 mm)
    Stroke 3.625 in. (92,075 mm)
    Cylinder capacity 160.3 cu in. (2,625 cc)
    Compression Ratio:
    Except North American dollar area 109 Station Wagon 7.0:1
    North American dollar area 109 Station Wagon 8.8:1
    This Part Number was issued October 1966

Can you post the front page?

Now many pages is it?
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Joshua;
    It has 43 Pages. The front page provides little information. The top 2/3 of the page is white and states: LAND-ROVER
    Owner's Instruction Manual
    Incorporating Service Guide
    The Bottom 1/3 is Green and states:
    THE ROVER CO. LTD
    SOLIHULL
    WARWICKSHIRE
    ENGLAND email me if you want more information. redbrush2@yahoo.com Jim Chandler

Hi Patrick

What is the timing to be? 6 degs?
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Hi Joshua,

6 deg BTDC is correct.

Jim Chandler (patrick foley 1)

I should have added that the use of Premium (Hi-Octane) fuel is specified. At the time this engine was developed it was possible to obtain Aviation 100 octane gas. I'm sure that some people experimented with that fuel.

Jim
    Last edited by patrickfoley1; 03-25-2017 at 11:59 AM. Reason: see text

Jeremy

just wanted to update you - 34300179A is back on the road in Massachusetts

License plate x321 - 1966.

jay
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have just acquired #34300776. It has spent much of its life tromping around the wilds of BC, and shows it. Lots of dents, custom work, Buick power steering conversion and a Chevy six swapped (230 or 250, not sure which yet as I just pulled it home on a trailer today). The frame is in tough shape and needs lots of repairs, and the footwells are ventilated as well, but otherwise is mostly complete and in good enough shape for a starting place for a rebuild. Not going for a concours restoration given the past customizations, but to clean it up enough to be a decent, reliable driver to go along with my '71 SIIA 88". This will be a project over the next few years with my two sons, who never got to know their grandpa (my dad passed away when I was only a little older than they are now, and my 88" was bought new by my dad) but are on a path for the Series Land Rover Illness he was infected with.

The truck nearly ended up chopped up for parts to build another truck, but a change in plans has resulted in me getting the truck instead, with plans to rebuild it rather than parting it.

Who updates the registry? Is the "volunteer" still doing it? I posted my acquisition of #768 last year and several have been noted since then. Is there a place I should be looking to other than this thread? I know there was a time when you could get a certificate or coffee mug. Finally any idea on how complete this registry is, how many still exist?

Default My Understanding of the situation.

There have been changes to the format over the years, and based on that have concluded that someone at Rovers North runs this Forum. I have not seen the page upon which I am writing before. My most recent Post was 03/21/2017, so someone has worked on the format since then.

Have fun with your acquisition.

Jim Chandler