Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Hi all,

If there comes a time when anyone on this thread contemplates selling their 67' NADA 109, please consider contacting me.

Cheers,
    Steve Beres - Los Angeles Area
    Co-Host of The Underpowered Hour Podcast

Listen to The Underpowered Hour

1951 Series I NADA 80"
    1967 Series IIA NADA 109" (#339)
    1973 Series III NADA 88"
    1984 Series III 109" V8
    1993 Camel Trophy Discovery
    1994 Defender NAS 90
    2003 G4 Freelander
    2021 TReK Defender 110 (#64)

Check out The Beres Collection

Quote Originally Posted by ninezero View Post
    Hi all,

If there comes a time when anyone on this thread contemplates selling their 67' NADA 109, please consider contacting me.

Cheers,
    http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...post1919358505

I do not know how to initiate a Thread. In 7 years I've only responded to threads. I recently "found" my mis-placed "WORKSHOP MANUAL SUPPLEMENT" Covering The 109 STATION WAGON with 2.6 liter 6-cylinder engine. It is broken down into sections. Some I uploaded into my iMac last year. Over time I'll probably upload it in it's entirety. It will be at least a full days effort. If anyone needs sections (A-Engine Unit; AO Lubrication System;
    B Clutch; H Braking System; M Fuel System; P Electrical System; Q Instruments and Controls; T Heating System.) let me know, and I'll forward it in pdf.

Jim Chandler (patrickfoley1) (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7499.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	12415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7498.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	12414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7497.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	12413

Today I met up with the guy I bought my 109 so he could give me the speedo and some paperwork. I've attached a few pics of the speedo he gave me. I'm not sure why it was out. He couldn't remember either. Based on the part number on it, I know it is a correct one for a NADA but according to my paperwork for the truck, the original owner ordered a speedo with trip. I asked the guy I got the truck form about it and he said it didn't have it when he got it. He had never seen one. So the question is, if I want to go back to how it was ordered, does anyone know the part number for the speedo with trip for a nada? I can't seem to figure it out based on the parts catalog. None of them listed mention trip mileage.

Thanks

What year is your truck? Only the early ones had trip. The one in your pic with the idiot lights is from a later truck like post 1968.

If your 109 is a 1967, then that speedo pictured in your post is the correct speedo and was introduced in 67 I believe. The number 1408 (on the lower right face) was specific to long wheelbase models as they shipped with 16 inch tires and needed different internal gearing so the speedo was accurate and the odometer ticked over correctly at each mile.

Trip was not a common feature until the series 3 trucks but was an option on earlier 2A models. The reset button protruded through the bottom of the metal dash in the 2a application.

Not sure of the part number, but an example can be found here
    Last edited by lumpydog; 09-05-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    1968 Series IIa
    1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)

My truck is a 67. The part number on the face of my speedo is correct per NADA parts manual. The issue is if you look at the build sheet for my truck you will see the truck was ordered with a trip.

Name:	IMG_5768.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	12418

Quote Originally Posted by bfein1075 View Post
    My truck is a 67. The part number on the face of my speedo is correct per NADA parts manual. The issue is if you look at the build sheet for my truck you will see the truck was ordered with a trip.

Name:	IMG_5768.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	12418
    That's harder to solve for. The prior owner(s) are really all you have left to rely on for that info. Its possible it was ordered with the trip function but was not delivered with it for any number of reasons. Or, at some point the speedo with the trip function broke and was replaced with the one you have now.
    1968 Series IIa
    1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
    That's harder to solve for. The prior owner(s) are really all you have left to rely on for that info. Its possible it was ordered with the trip function but was not delivered with it for any number of reasons. Or, at some point the speedo with the trip function broke and was replaced with the one you have now.
    I'm not trying to figure out what happened to it. I just want the part number for the correct one with the trip. The NADA one without the trip is a specific part number so I assume the trip one is too.

Angry

i will confirm with picture

but site says i am out of room for more
    pictures how due i fix this issue?
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler