Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Why is the registry no longer being updated?

#34300107 in Chesterland, OH. Mostly original condition, still has the 6 cylinder.

I suspect that all of the interested parties have joined,and the only time they enter the Forum is when they have a question or want to provide an answer to question.
    patrickfoley1 (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

I have #718, 109 SW with safari roof. Purchased about 1987 in Virginia, driven to Alaska right away and Chevy 250 installed, regular driver for many years. Last 15 used primarily as farm vehicle until driven into raging creek and drowned. Now working on engine.
    Looking for front brake drums. Any suggestions? Reline drums? Larger brake shoes? Rather not drop to narrower standard drums.
    Aware of 2 or three other NADAs in Alaska, one for sale now on Craigslist. Alaskans not much into clubs and registries.

Hi, This is JOsh T

Have you turn down the drums. T have done this to my Nada 109 drums. They work great.

You can get all new parts from the host

The shoes are the issue. I relined my shoes. All purchase shoes are junk, unless you can NOS/.

I did rivet the shoes too.

I have 2 working NADA 203 and 211...

josh
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

My first entry is on page 36. I am an original owner. Your unit began production 21 December 1967. It was completed 12 January 1968. The original color was Limestone. It was shipped to Rover Baltimore. I have the original Parts Manual and some of the Shop Manual in pdf in my "Grandpa Box" iMac. The Front Brakes drawings and parts numbers are pages 40 & 41. If you want them, send me an email and I will attach them and send them to you. Jim Chandler redbrush2@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by RPGreg2600 View Post
    Why is the registry no longer being updated?
    Yea I wonder too. I have 343 and provided that information on this thread a couple years ago. It’s not been added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfoley1 View Post
    My first entry is on page 36. I am an original owner. Your unit began production 21 December 1967. It was completed 12 January 1968. The original color was Limestone. It was shipped to Rover Baltimore. I have the original Parts Manual and some of the Shop Manual in pdf in my "Grandpa Box" iMac. The Front Brakes drawings and parts numbers are pages 40 & 41. If you want them, send me an email and I will attach them and send them to you. Jim Chandler redbrush2@yahoo.com
    Thanks for the info. Curious where you got the build info so quickly. I am the second owner, as far as I know. First owners name was Hunt.
    I have original IIA and NADA parts manuals, Owners Manual, and AutoBooks shop manual, as well as regular Haynes manual. Don't have authentic Land Rover IIA shop manual, unfortunately.
    I have planned on turning the drums and riveting oversize pads to make up the distance, but was hoping someone knew a source for new drums of proper dimension. Not really important, I guess.
    Put the Chevy 6 in years ago for better power and because the carb on the Rover 6 didn't like the Fairbanks winters. Eventually highway speeds became such that driving a Rover anytime other than for a lark resulted in too much angry traffic, so retired to farm use only. A few years ago my wife drove into a flash flood because the brakes were poor and wet, and narrowly escaped with her life. I dragged the Rover out and de-watered but the clutch eventually seized to the flywheel. I was regularly running the engine to maintain lube until I could pull it for clutch replacement, until at one point in the winter it wouldn't start. Found out the distributor gear and cam gear sheared. Oil pump likely seized, causing the damage. Engine out now, pending repair. Just can't find the time.
    Had radiator built for outside the breakfast and put headlights on fenders, but planning on installing electric eventually.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2460.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	12864By the way, by off-road, I mean a lot farther than in Alaska Frontier. We don't have a road, and most of the year can't even get a Land Rover in or out. Still wearing the Work Horse Traction tires from about 1990, weather checks and all, and wishing they were still available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180706_173202.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	12875

In Fairbanks Ak, just got new shoes. Belonged to my father before it became mine.

Welcome Aboard. If I can be of any help, just ask.

Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)