Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Welcome to the club. Good looking family. Front end of the truck ain't bad either. 168 began production 10 June 1966 and was completed 30 June 1966. Records do not show original color. It was shipped to Rover San Francisco. I have no experience with the Scotty's Conversion but in my extensive files I have seen it mentioned. I am an original owner and have made it my goal to assist anyone who needs help. Jim Chandler,(redbrush2@yahoo.com) Bethel, OH.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SactoDisco View Post
    Hey all. Jason out in The State of Jefferson (Northern California) here. Picked up number 168 last August it had been sitting on the side of the road since 2011 according to the PO. It’s got a Scotty’s 250 conversion and need plenty of talc to bring it back to life it doesn’t show well but with a little elbow grease I think it will be back on rev road soon. This is my first series truck but I have owned 3 other more modern rovers. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions in the future. Hope y’all don’t mind me asking. Attachment 13017

What part of Sacramento due live it. I have 2 running NADA.

Josh T
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

I’m actually in Loomis. Would be great to pick your brain and check out your rivers if that’s ok with you.

Thanks Jim. Nice to see some history on the rig. I believe that the current paint is original. What would we call that? From what I understand the PO has it 30 years. Not sure beyond that. But I believe it has been in California and probably the Bay Area all its life. It’s has the period correct balck and yellow California license plates. The fella I bought it from lived in the north bay. He indicated he had taken it up and down California with his family. He purchased it when his daughter was born and now she’s grown and gone. He sadly moved into a modern, (cough) Jeep. I hope to get this restored into a nice driver. I’m still torn over how pretty I want to make it. It has awesome patina but also some bulkhead rust which needs attention.

The color is Limestone. Deal with the Bulkhead IMMEDIATELY!! To my knowledge at the present time no one is producing the Bulkhead for our NADA. It took me from 2010 to 2018 to get one built for Clarence. It is unique to our model. 30+ of it's components are unique to our unit. It is most difficult to persuade a machine shop to create a jig to produce (1) part, with the knowledge that the shop will only use the jig one time and the pattern that is being used as a template is partially rusted out.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfoley1 View Post
    The color is Limestone. Deal with the Bulkhead IMMEDIATELY!! To my knowledge at the present time no one is producing the Bulkhead for our NADA. It took me from 2010 to 2018 to get one built for Clarence. It is unique to our model. 30+ of it's components are unique to our unit. It is most difficult to persuade a machine shop to create a jig to produce (1) part, with the knowledge that the shop will only use the jig one time and the pattern that is being used as a template is partially rusted out.

Jim
    Ashtree offers the bulkhead. I think its around 3k for a galv one shipped to the US.

Hello Patrick, would you have the build info on 366?our wagon is still running and driving with original 2.6

Congratulations on having the 2.6. 366 began construction 18 September 1966 and was completed 30 September. Paint Limestone. Shipped to Rover San Francisco.

There are as many negative comments as there are positive, regarding Ashtray's Galvanized Bulkheads. The Galvanizing process results in warped panels. Pegasus manufactured mine. I received an email today from Debbie Halley. They have taken in a partner, have reorganized, and expect to produce and stock Bulkheads. Mine is flawless except for a pair of screw holes. I sent my rusted out bulkhead to be used as a template and I attribute the misplaced holes to the condition of that template.

I don't know how to attach photo's to this site, but I'll be happy to attach a pdf of the bulkhead to an email should someone want to view it. It was shipped "bare", and painted in Kelch's paint shop.

Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfoley1 View Post
    Congratulations on having the 2.6. 366 began construction 18 September 1966 and was completed 30 September. Paint Limestone. Shipped to Rover San Francisco.
    Thanks for the information, funny it was shipped to San Francisco as according our documents from the original owner bought it Portland Maine in 67 new, The wagon is still limestone 56,000 miles currently.