Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Quote Originally Posted by RoverRod View Post
    Great paint job!
    it was painted LR Marine Blue 20 years ago. It belonged to a small ski resort that used more as a promotional vehicle than anything. I will need to change the safari roof, though, as the PO made some holes to fit the rack...

Great marketing tool for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by michel View Post
    it was painted LR Marine Blue 20 years ago. It belonged to a small ski resort that used more as a promotional vehicle than anything. I will need to change the safari roof, though, as the PO made some holes to fit the rack...

Quote Originally Posted by michel View Post
    Here's the worst PO mistake (I hope)!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yes, that's a shame, but you should be able to source a new one; where are you located, also in BC?

It is interesting that Rover and Land Rover continued to republish the 542349 number in their Parts Catalogues many years after that Engine and Head went out of production. I'm making an effort to reach an old UK friend that has helped me answer questions about Rover-Land Rover 2.6-3.0L Engines. (He used to work on them.)

Bye-The-Bye
    I have a series of 48 photo's of the Resurrection of Clarence. They begin in 2005 where he is buried under a thicket of trees and bushes that grew through and around him since his engine blew in 1975. The photo's show his extraction, disassembly, restoration and reassembly. I have several hundred photo's but these 48 provide a good outline of the effort. It takes 5 emails to transmit the 48. If anyone is interested in receiving the package email me redbrush2@yahoo.com, and I will send the 5 emails with photo's attached.

Jim Chandler (Original Owner)
    Last edited by patrickfoley1; 12-06-2019 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Providing more information.

Hi Jim,

I have sent you an email request for the photos; thanks very much for continuing to share your vast knowledge on these NADA's. So further on the cylinder head issue, we have several sources, including me, showing 542350 as the stamped part number on the head, the catalog which lists 542349, and now a gentlemen on GNR has put forth a number of 512850 for a head he is certain has never come off the block... And, as I may have mentioned, the picture of the rocker cover in the manual shows four hold down vs. the real cover (each and everyone I've seen including mine) and the fact that the quantity detail on the next page of the catalog states 5.

Would be interested for sure if your connection has any thoughts on this! Thanks, Rod

Quote Originally Posted by RoverRod View Post
    Yes, that's a shame, but you should be able to source a new one; where are you located, also in BC?
    I also have #808 which doesn't have much original parts left. The only original parts left are the bodywork (apart from the bulkhead) and the body is pretty rough. I will most likely use the safari roof from 808 to put on 720.

I am in Quebec, where quite a few of these NADA were sold.

Too bad to hear about 808 as that would be latest one on the registry list at the beginning of this thread. If you have an interest in trying to put 808 back together there are still some engines floating around although not easy to find as I have found out. If you ever feel like letting 808 go, please let me know via PM. Thanks, Rod

I have a spare Head in Storage. I'll check it for a part number. I have been unable to reach my old UK source, Alan Ramsbottom, to determine if he can enlighten me. He is at least my age, so he may no longer with us. I hope to get the photo's sent to those who asked for them by tomorrows end.

Jim

Jim, As always, thank you for the response and ongoing information. Best regards, Rod

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfoley1 View Post
    I have a spare Head in Storage. I'll check it for a part number. I have been unable to reach my old UK source, Alan Ramsbottom, to determine if he can enlighten me. He is at least my age, so he may no longer with us. I hope to get the photo's sent to those who asked for them by tomorrows end.

Jim