Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Default Poser!

Why do people get to call their trucks NADA when they arent?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...spagenameZWDVW

Is it ok to call this NADA and refer to the lights as NADA? I feel like this person should change their listing as this isnt really an NADA.
    1968 Land Rover "Park Ranger" camper **SOLD**
    1967 109 **SOLD**
    NADA Dormobile #601 **SOLD**
    1965 IIA 88 2.5NA Diesel
    1963 Mercedes 300se
    1975 Volvo C303
    KJ6AQK

Default NADA on the trail

All,
    I took my dormobile on a great run this past weekend. My new water pump started leaking really badly just as the old one did. My fluffed up head has performed great. The engine is running smooth as ever. I did a few water crossings, a bit of mud and lots and lots of dust. There were seven series trucks, me being the only 109 wagon. There was a 109 pick up and 5 88s.

The 109 pick up was rolled on its side with minor fender damage but some more serious bulkhead damage. Luckily, the pick up top was off and was not damaged, nor was the driver! We had to winch it over from the next level of the road. It was a switch back at this point and I had to haul the winch line through about 150 feet of brush.
    1967 109 **SOLD**
    1965 IIA 88 2.5NA Diesel
    1963 Mercedes 300se
    1975 Volvo C303
    KJ6AQK

Why do people get to call their trucks NADA when they arent?
    perhaps as a marketing method to gain more interest in the vehicle he has for sale?

NADA does stand for North American Dollar Area of which a 1964 Series IIa was available in NA.

I don't think NADA was only associated with the unique 109 SWs sold in 1967.

not a bad looking Rover though.

Jaime
    One Life Live It

Quote Originally Posted by Linus Tremaine
    The 109 pick up was rolled on its side with minor fender damage but some more serious bulkhead damage. Luckily, the pick up top was off and was not damaged, nor was the driver! We had to winch it over from the next level of the road. It was a switch back at this point and I had to haul the winch line through about 150 feet of brush.
    linus, that wasn't our very own MOMO was it? would love to hear more about the mendo run if you're interested in starting a new thread...
    Matt
    '66 88 GM powered
    '89 SWB RRC (sold)
    '67 109 NADA 6cyl. Station Wagon #2 (sold)

Yeah, that was me. Freak thing when I let my guard down. If Linus starts a new thread I'll tell the story. Also sent you a PM, Matt.
    '60 SII Station Wagon
    '64 SIIA 109 Regular
    '68 SIIA 88 Station Wagon

My new water pump started leaking really badly just as the old one did.
    Linus,

Did you remember to remove the bolt that goes into the bearing assembly and put a few drops of oil in there?

I'm still on my original pump.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Default uh

I asked about that and was told not to put any oil in it. I thought that was probably not a good idea....

Will do it on the new one!
    1967 109 **SOLD**
    1965 IIA 88 2.5NA Diesel
    1963 Mercedes 300se
    1975 Volvo C303
    KJ6AQK

I asked about that and was told not to put any oil in it. I thought that was probably not a good idea....

Will do it on the new one!
    I thought I heard that they were sealed bearings. Is this only for modern replacement bearings?

Default newbie

hi ya'll. just joined at the advice of HighMile (hi Jeremy). i have a SW, not sure of the VIN...will look that up when i get home, but i did want to ask for those with experience on brakes to PM me. i started the process of refurbishing my truck a couple of years ago. i found it on the TLR forum, i think, anyway it was way up in Oklahoma. i bought it and had it shipped down to Texas and i've been working on it since. i've done all the suspension, and most of the brake work. but it seems that i've crossed wires somehow and the lines don't match up to the Master cylinders. any help is appreciated. i've got Jeremy checking the diameters of the in and out lines on his truck, but he has some updates that may mean a difference. i haven't done searches on this forum yet, and i will, but i thought i might cast a net to see who knows what...

you can also contact me at home via this address christophermccarthy@hotmail.com
    cmc
    67 NADA 109 SW, 97 XD, an ABARTH (wife's), 2004 Evo RS, and two Alfas

34300078A
    Roswell, Georgia
    Restoration in progress.

She was parked in Hancock, NY, on a hunting lodge in a carport for 15 yrs (don't know how long she was there in total) when her usefulness was replaced by the arrival of ATV's. Before then, she used to be a support / tow vehicle for a Bultaco off-road motorcycle racing team in NY. She was brought down here 3 years ago. Then my son was born, and now daughter is due in another month or so.

She had been resprayed in red, but limestone is what she was originally and what she'll be again someday.

Right now, she's all in pieces, down to the frame and axles.

There are hundreds of pictures of her at http://kuhtz.com/gallery2/main.php/v...1967109nadasw/ where I attempted to keep a photographic diary and inventory. Hopefully this will help with the giant reassembly puzzle.

I can be reached at christian@kuhtz.com

Best regards,
    Christian