Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to title an imported Series that never was by the PO

Thixon, I never saw that one. There were alot of Series that were brought in from New Zealand that were not, in my opinion, decent rovers. but I have never seen an entire limestone Series in Charleston.

Called in to the local DMV... they said that it is old enough to qualify for not needing a title (gotta love Alabama). All I need is a notarized bill of sale and I can get a tag and be on my way. It also qualifies as a "vintage vehicle" (30 years or older) so my tag costs are only $10 a year. I'll let you know how it goes when I actually down to the DMV. Thanks for the suggestions.
    David

What I mean by decent rovers is price charged for their condition.

Quote Originally Posted by PH4
    What I mean by decent rovers is price charged for their condition.
    I know what you meant. This one was completely re-worked (by me). Galv frame, new motor, interior, etc. It was a really nice truck. You'd remember it if you'd seen it. I regret selling it. Live and learn.

There was a guy in Charleston that had a shop near that round holiday inn. He had a bunch of mini's for sale. I stopped in once after seeing a couple of 88's outside. He wanted way to much money, for way to little truck. Is he still there?
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

Sorry, I think we are sort of hijacking this thread.... The guy by the round Holiday Inn is really a tow lot and junk yard. He bought containers full of Rovers from NZ and was asking really high prices. He is still selling the Minis, but I have only seen one very tired LWB there recently.

Thixon, I remember a limestone 88 with jump seats here in Charleston. That guy sold the truck on Ebay and (to my best recollection) only got about $10K. Had I seen it for sale, I would have tried to get it myself! If it was the same one, it was very fine...

The person who runs the tow business referred to above is a good fellla, however, the price v. condition of his rovers was on the high side.

No worries... hijack away!