Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: Wilks

Default WIlks Project Update

Hello All,

Was just looking through the thread for this project and... Wow! a lot has happened since then. I bought the truck from JC and have moved it to Tidewater, VA. The complete thread with new photos can be found at:

http://www.landroversonly.com/forums...t-wilks-21863/

JC and I share a common goal and vision for this truck. I will keep you all posted as progress is made.

Best regards,

Greg Sprock

Once again Greg, I can't be more thankful that an enthusiast such as yourself has taken over this project. As you've mentioned, this will be a FINE truck!

Greg,
    Not sure if it has been said yet but welcome! We look forward to your progress either though posts to this board or through links back to whatever other board you are using.

Please keep us posted as we love this kind of stuff too!

Rover owner's hallucinogen if you ask me.

Hello All,

Well, I pulled the head off and found that the camshaft is out of time, which caused #1 exhaust valve to crash and muss up the tappet. I have ordered new parts and took pieces over to the shop to wash and blast. I brought back my engine lift and a stand and hope to pull the motor, transmission, and transfer case today. After that, I will pull the bulkhead and get to work on the frame. This is a "frame off"" restoration, after all. ;-)

Best regards,

Greg

ps Again, thanks to JC. I hope things are going well for you and the family.

Check it out folks - new pictures which simulate progress!

http://www.landroversonly.com/forums...t-wilks-21863/

Looking good Greg!
    Please let us know how the acid dipping research goes.

Yeah, got to figure out how I am going to tell my wife I am going to research local strip joints...

Just tell her "It's Science."
    What could possibly go wrong.

Hello All,

I am getting a little bit done every day. The whole log is still at http://www.landroversonly.com/forums...t-wilks-21863/
    so you can see blow-by-blow, but I am confident to say the engine is about done and I am going to go after the firewall next. Then I pull the transmission, fit the new overdrive (Thank You Michael!) and start tearing out the axles. I still have had no success with either the acid dip or galvanizing, but continue to seek.

My wife's response about strip joints was priceless, by-the-way. She said, "Don't bring your rowdy Rover buddies around. I still remember those crazy Ruggers." As background information, I played Rugby all through college.

Hey Guys!

Long time, no see. I have been dealing with lots, but the Rover Gnomes delivered a pile of new parts last night and I am agog with possibilites. This is not to imply I have done anything new, mind you, but I will.