Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginner Intrested in purchasing a Disco I--Help Please.

Default Rovetym Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by cxavierc21
    After some research I found that I like the Safari Gard front bumper much better than the ARB but their website says it has been discontinued!? Is this true and if it is can I still get one some how.?
    Call the company [Safari Gard]... I have heard good things about Rovertym bumpers, front and rear. I fortunately purchased my D1 with the SG & Husky 8500 already installed. Winch needs a new motor to my chagrin. I'm thinking of upgrading my rear bumper to the RN's ProLine.

Rovertym can be found at: http://www.rovertym.com/

Rovertym also has many of the mods that you request. I currently am running with the rear links on my D1. I had a 89 RRC with RoverTym's 3" Spring kit and stabilizer reallocator also with great success.

Good Luck.
    1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
    1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
    1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)

Default BOMBING

Quote Originally Posted by cxavierc21
    I would like to give it a matte black custom paintjob too. Is it all possible to do this my self, as a learning experience. Also If I can/can't what would the cost be.
    If you DIY than just the cost of the paint. Many guys used to "bomb" [spray paint] their vehicles in a weekend. I had an old Dodge station wagon where I cut the roof off and "bombed" the vehicle once a month for fun, yea I was bored. A convertible station wagon is no fun in the rain... but for $50.00 for the cost of the vehicle, I got my monies worth.

Quote Originally Posted by wRek
    Matte paint jobs are simple, it just all depends on how nice you want it to look.

Some people do it themselves with rattle cans. I've seen people paint cars with rollers... If you want something not too expensive, you can do the body work and masking yourself, and then drop the car at Maaco. They do decent paint, it's the prep work they usually screw up on.

OR, shell out good money for a reputable paint shop to paint it... But if you're going flat, I don't see the point. Unless you have a friend who works at a shop.
    I agree.

Go with Rovertym products when possible. Especially their Bumpers and/or Sliders. But, first step is get diff guards. You can get away without an aftermarket bumper / sliders if you drive it right.

There is a lot of info out there, and a lot of products. Read as much as you can before setting yourself on anything specific. Some things like choosing a 3" lift over a 2" lift may cost you a lot more than what you wanted. You'll think it's simply a 1" difference, but it in turn affects a lot.

Discoweb.org is a great resource to do a lot of searching for information.

Good luck. When I began to drive my first car was a Range Rover Classic, and I did the same thing that you're doing now.
    -------------------------------------
    -Gavin
    WWW.VTXS.ORG