Thread: 2 1/4 liter engine paint ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2 1/4 liter engine paint ?

what is the closest color in a spray can that looks like the oem green paint ? maybe some paint from autozone??

krylon jade green is not a perfect match but works well. use a high heat primer and several coats for a better result than i had with mine. i think i recall somewhere seeing detroit diesel alpine green being used as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1961 109 WAGON
    what is the closest color in a spray can that looks like the oem green paint ? maybe some paint from autozone??
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

thanks, thats what i needed to know!

well ive been EVERYWHERE and no one has either paint

My local napa can order the detroit diesel paint. Try your local Napa. Ive seen them on ebay too.
    99 D1
    73 Series III 88"
    95 RRC LWB

You can usually find the detroit desiel alpine green at an auto parts store. I'm surprised NAPA did'nt carry it. Autozone, or some place like that should have it. Keep trying locally before you resort to ordering.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

Painted my engine bright yellow with the POR engine kit. The paint has held up great, was easy to apply, and you can spot leaks a mile away with the light color! POR makes a bunch of different engine colors, I highly recommend them.

Almost looks too good! Nice work.

Yes, very nice looking!

Not to hijack the thread, but what are the 2 copper lines for on that freshly built engine over the intake manifold? Looksike one goes to the intake port for the brake booster?