Thread: HEEELP wiring a 2.25 gas engine (pics)

Default HEEELP wiring a 2.25 gas engine (pics)

i dont know where these two wires go. this is off the wiring harness you unplug to remove the engine. this harness is held to the oil fill tube, and the waterpunp by metal tags. the second pic shows the color coded wires that are part of this engine harness. the one plug is larger than the other (flat spade) and the other falt female spade has a platic weird outer casting around it. hope the pics will help you help me. thanks
    does this plug in to the box in the first pic??
    Last edited by 1961 109 WAGON; 05-28-2008 at 12:53 PM.

Well from the general wire colour coding your picture shows:
    Green: Power feed from the ignition switch.
    Green yellow: heater power - IIRC that's the slow setting for a dual speed.
    Green brown: switch to reverse lamp.

None of these should be routed around to the front of the engine.

With no colour coding it's just a guess, but from the location I would hazard that it is either connections to the temp sensor in the head, the oil pressure switch/gauge or the alternator/generator. They are the only things round there on a stock truck. Have you looked at your old engine?

Silly question, but have you looked at the wiring diagram for your truck? If you look at each item on the list then by a process of elimination you'll be left with your mystery wires.

Cheers
    Gregor

the wires i need to know are the ones with no colors, the two wires are a heavy gauge compared to the others.like for the generator, but where do the hook up on the firewall???
    the wires are routed like the factory did them, i looked at pics in books, and my 109 for a reference. i used all the factory holding tabs to return the wires where the factory installed them.

this head is cast over where the temp sender goes. the green/brown?? this truck does not have a reverse switch.

thanks to leafsprung, i have it worked out. the two wires are from the generator, they plug into "d" and "e" on the voltage regulator. if the rain would stop for a while, i would go outside and fire this thing for the first time since 1986