Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deluxe Series Seats

Default Deluxe Series Seats

Does anyone know where to get these seats in the US?

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/erol.html#700X4779

Really, I only need new covers. Conversley, if anyone has or knows of used seats...

whatever you do, dont deal with them direct, they are a nightmare. I have given them 3 chances and they still cant get it right.
    1965 109 2door hardtop (restored years ago)
    1971 88 (restored and as new)
    1967 88 (the next project)

Quote Originally Posted by Apis Mellifera
    Does anyone know where to get these seats in the US?
    British Pacific is an Exmoor trim retailer. The have some stuff in stock but may have to special order parts. They can at least take the hassle out of dealing directly with exmoor.

Mine came from Atlantic British but I'm not sure if they are Exmoor or not.
    Jim

If all you need is new vinyl I think you'd be better off going to an auto upholstery shop and spec'ing them out. You will probably spend less in the end and get a superior product.

My biggest complaint with exmoor seats is that they are understuffed, so long drives are literally a pain in the butt. They just aren't supportive enough. If the cushion was thicker it would take the strain off the legs and knees. I'm 6 feet, 185 lbs so it's not like I'm crushing them.

Also, the frame work in the seat backs is flimsy (I have the highback model). My next seats will be made to order or I'll build them up myself.

One other thing I'd recommend is to make canvas duck covers. I cut up one of my old soft tops and used upholstery nails to fit the canvas over the vinyl. It's extremely durable, you don't stick to it in the summer, and it's not chilly in the winter!
    '60 SII Station Wagon
    '64 SIIA 109 Regular
    '68 SIIA 88 Station Wagon

I've had many dealings with Exmoor. They are very nice people but bying things from them is trying at best. I think RN can special order Exmoor seats, etc. The picture below shows my Exmoor Canvas Seats (not covers the entire seat) and the rear jumpseat canvas seat covers. They are AWESOME.

Default Go with MOMO's advice.....

IMO you are better off taking a set of original seats (the frames tend to be much stronger than those in aftermarket seats) and having them reupholstered at an auto upholstery shop. That's what I did and I'm very happy. They can juice up the cushions and use a good grade of vinyl. They will look original but will be more comfortable and last much longer.

Thanks for the info guys!

Does anyone have an opinion as to installing Defender seats in a Series? Comfort of Defender seats? Good source for Defender seats.

If you don't mind going to the other side Jeep seats can be made to fit very successfully. I've got Bestop Trailmax Pros in my 88. Very comfortable.

Cheers
    Gregor