Thread: Sills or Sliders for 2a 88"

Default Sills or Sliders for 2a 88"

Hey guys, Just got my first Series and I am addicted. Sat for a while before I got it but now it's running nice.
    The truck came with no sills and thats about the only thing it needs to be complete. I see the Sliders that RN sells but they are not in stock and may not be for a while. I understand the orig. 5" sill are impossible to find and I think I would rather have something a bit more heavy duty anyway. So my question for you guys would be if anyone knows of another company that makes them? I am considering making my own as I did for my discovery but time is a bit tight right now. Thanks in advance.

Pangolin 4X4 is the only way to go.

Default Modesty Skirts

Jim

I have a set of the original "modesty skirts" from my 59 S2. They came off the LR and are in original condition. Check the picture of the truck I sent you. If you don't have it, I'll resend.

Default Modesty Skirts

Bearcrawl

Sorry, I'm not awake yet. I have a set of the 5" modesty skirts. They came off a 1959 series 2. I jumped ship mid restoration and am dealing now on a lightweight.

I can send you a before pictures of the S2, the skirts are in they're original condition (never straightened). They need work, but are in VG condition (no rips or heavy corrosion).

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Quote Originally Posted by bearcrawl
    ...I see the Sliders that RN sells but they are not in stock and may not be for a while....
    UPDATE per Mark...

"They are due 05 June, and are worth the wait."
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

I made my own out of 1/4" thick 4" deep C channel. I used my original sills to match the curve in the front and rear. They are painted body color and look bone stock to the casusual observer, but will easily hold the full weight of the vehicle.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Looks like I am going to go the restoration route on this truck. Try and keep it off the gnarly trails, With that in mind does anyone know where I might be able to find some 5" sills?
    Nor-Cal
    67' 88"