Thread: two rare items for my 1966 88

Default two rare items for my 1966 88

factory old roll bar .( i was told it was factory) some kind of camper shell for the pick-up top, i dont have the rear glass though. i doubt i will use the camper top, i dont like its looks.it bolts to factory holes in the sides, has all the rubber seals intact, these two items were free, along with a truck and trailer load of series parts, some nos
    Last edited by 1961 109 WAGON; 09-15-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Free Parts? Where do I sign?

Is there anything that's left that's still free?
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

I don't think the roll bar is factory. Back in the days when that truck left the factory health and safety didn't really consider a roll bar necessary. It is nice, however, and provides a level of prtection for those roof off days. IIRC correctly the only factory roll bar was a military item for the 90/110 that people retrofit to their series. It, however, mounts to the body cappings.

The top is an Ifor Williams which is very popular with British farmers to keep the sheep dog in and the hay dry when tooling around the farm. It's designed to mate to the back of a truck cab to give that classic farm truck look. They are well made as there is a video out there of a sheep dog taking a ride when a farmer's 90 takes of down a field on it's own. After several rolls and a thoroughly knackered truck the dog jumps out ready to go. I'd keep it and get the truck cab for a unique looking series in the US. Oh, he also makes rather nifty galvy trailers too.

Oh and cool truck by the way.

Cheers
    Gregor

ive been hunting a cheap truck cab and tailgate, but no luck finding CHEAP ones !
    there is a phone number on the outside of the topper, maybe i can call it, and get the back window for it. i think its butt ugly though

Quote Originally Posted by 1961 109 WAGON
    ... i think its butt ugly though
    You are right with that remark. You could sell it insulated to someone who wanted to sell ice cream or BEER!!

I've seen the Ifor Williams top before, but on a 109, hadn't seen one for an 88...

Kinda funny lookin' w/o the pickup top..... but hey, they're all projects, right?
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

I like them. classic series accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by 1961 109 WAGON
    ive been hunting a cheap truck cab and tailgate, but no luck finding CHEAP ones !
    there is a phone number on the outside of the topper, maybe i can call it, and get the back window for it. i think its butt ugly though
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."