Thread: Slave Cylinder Spacing Plate

Default Slave Cylinder Spacing Plate

After refreshing much of the clutch system I rebuilt the Slave Cyl. Upon reassemble I found a plate about 1/8 thick between the S. Cyl. and it's mounting plate. I can't see that plate on any schematic. Looks kinda pro, not hacked with a grinder or anything. Any one else come across one of these? Thinking about throwing it out but thought I would check with you guys first. 67' 2a
    Thanks
    Nor-Cal
    67' 88"

Maybe it was part of the old slave? How does the old one match up against the new one? Size and dimension wise.

it doesn't appear to be a mounting plate from an old S Cyl. A bit larger in footprint and not the same shape, close but different angles.
    Nor-Cal
    67' 88"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcrawl
    it doesn't appear to be a mounting plate from an old S Cyl. A bit larger in footprint and not the same shape, close but different angles.
    You've got me. I figured that the old slave might not have been stock and that this was made to make it fit the series. If they both look the same then I wonder what could have been for?

My bet is someone without a manual installed a new slave cylinder. They didn't know how to adjust the linkage length for correct operation so went to plan B.

If you're using stock parts it shouldn't be necessary.

Cheers
    Gregor

I checked mine. No plate.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

thanks as always guys, garbage bound. (Guess i'll save it in case I learn the hardway it's neccesary)
    Nor-Cal
    67' 88"

Some have plates, some dont, Ive had dozens of both