Hello 4x4 enthusiasts. I'm writing you due to a really sad and unpleasant experience. Someone has stolen my pride and joy 1997 Land Rover Defender 90 right out of my back yard while I slept! The larceny occurred around 4am early Sunday morning, December 10, 2006 in the Hillsboro Village area of Nashville, TN. She was unlocked and parked in my back yard, but behind a double locked gate. If you see her, please phone me immediately! 615.429.4502. I'm offering $500 for information that leads me to her, and $1000 for information that leads to the arrest of the scum that took her from me! If you forwarded this email/message to someone who gets either of those rewards, I'll give you $100. The VIN is SALDV3243VA122379.

As I'm sure all of you know, these are extremely rare and pricey vehicles, so even if the insurance company gives me everything that I've put into her over the years, I can't exactly go up to the local dealer and buy a new one. So recovering her is the best I can hope for. Here's some pictures attached. These pictures were taken awhile ago, but she essentially looks the same. You enthusiasts know that you've always got at least one or two projects going on at any given time but this is basically the last state she was in.

She's a NAS D90 SW #2342, Arles blue with Alpine top, auto trans, with air conditioning and the 4.0L petrol engine with two of the four jump seats installed. She has about 97K miles on her and is due for an oil change. The front windshield has a large spidered crack on the passenger side that's about a foot wide. Of note are that she has black diamond plating armor on the hood wings, side sills under the doors, and rear wings above the rear wheels. The trail lights are IPF, both on the bull bar and the light rack. Of particular note is that she has a custom installed Pioneer AVIC Z1 GPS/Audio/Video system that sits in the center console where the switches for rear defrost and such used to reside. The cigar lighter is relocated into the top of the console next to the shifter and there are several more located inside the console under the hatch. She also has a duel battery kit, with the switch on the bottom left of the drivers dash. She still has my vanity plate, "OLD PUNK", with expired tags (Sept 05) using the old style plates, NOT the new green Tennessee hills plates. She also has the spare tire off the rear carrier and a lighted skull in the rear hitch socket. She's got an OME suspension kit, but if you're looking underneath her, then something even worse has happened! Again, if you see her, phone immediately! 615.429.4502.

CASH REWARD FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO HER RECOVERY AND/OR PROSECUTION!!!!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Scott