Thread: Check out my SPO's brake job

Default Check out my SPO's brake job

The previous owner of my project never fails to amaze me. Check out his version of running brake lines. Safety first!

Attachment 973
    Last edited by thixon; 01-05-2009 at 05:44 PM.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

Doubles as a recovery point. Cool idea!

Just when I thought welding two front custom fuel tanks to the frame and cross connecting them with 1/2" galvanized water pipe was the best Rover Mod!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedesrover
    Doubles as a recovery point. Cool idea!
    Or is it the catch for carrier like arrestor gear?
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Quote Originally Posted by dunerunner
    Just when I thought welding two front custom fuel tanks to the frame and cross connecting them with 1/2" galvanized water pipe was the best Rover Mod!!
    I'm pretty sure my SPO thought of that one first, he just did'nt have time to carry it out before I rescued the truck.

The best part of what he did is the primer. As you can see, he sprayed rattle can grey all over the lines. He did this everywhere he ran brakes line, even down the frame rails. So, the nice new galvy frame he bought now looks like S*%T. I'm either gonna strip the primer, or just paint the whole frame black. Votes for which way to go are welcome.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

I think the SPO was reading up on his diesel theory...trying to keep the volume of fluid the same from one side to another. Oh and I vote for painting the frame black. They look like hell when the galvanizing developes that bright white "fuzz"......
    Jason T.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason T.
    I think the SPO was reading up on his diesel theory...trying to keep the volume of fluid the same from one side to another. Oh and I vote for painting the frame black. They look like hell when the galvanizing developes that bright white "fuzz"......
    Jason T.
    +1

Galvy is great for the first few years, but when it begins to darken, not so pretty. Looks fine on the trim pieces, but the frame not so much.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Black gets my vote, it will protect the galv and extend he protection of the frame from that rusty stuff.

nono

Wruh -oh