Thread: BUGEYE Registry

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bought 24435885F in October of 2019, after 15 years of looking.
    Looking back at this post, I typed in haste after my recent purchase.

Since the purchase, I've managed to completely rewire the beast, replaced all the fluids and many of the seals, including the head gasket. New tires and powder coated 15" wheels, serviced and rebalanced the driveshaft. It came with the Fairey hubs and O/drive. Somewhere along the line had new front horns and a rear cross member welded... poorly, but they work. Also the engine was replaced by an MOD rebuild, which I discovered was bored 0.40 over! I had good compression when I checked (130PSI +/- 5PSI)this engine, though low oil pressure (20PSI on the highway @ 3,500 RPMS). In 1,200 miles I've used 3.5 quarts of engine oil though very little smoke from the tailpipe and no engine significant engine oil leaks. The 90Wt gear oil, however, is another story. Ugh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rover Profile.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	13306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dash2.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	13307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	13308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top of block.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	13309
    Last edited by rover03; 05-09-2020 at 11:22 AM.