Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BUGEYE Registry

Quote Originally Posted by Rineheitzgabot
    Greg,

Stop messin' around and get some pix and the VIN up here! Maybe we can help.
    I promise I'm not "messin' around".. lol.. the pics are in post#3 sans the few things I've done to it (delco alt conv to name one). I want to know as bad as the rest of the registry about it's history... I'm sure Daurie will keep me motivated, as nice as his truck is...
    Last edited by Greg_B; 10-25-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    '69 SIIA Bugeye
    '90 RRC County
    '96 DI

Looking for my old bugeye. I live in Burbank California and sold it to a guy in Pasadena. It had a dark green paint job with limestone roof from one of those discount auto paint places, diamond plate on the panels behind the rear wheels, grey powder coated full length roof rack with ladder in the rear.
    The last time I saw it had some huge Ecco? stickers on the sides. I think it's still in California. I would like to buy it back as it was my first "real" rover.

Thanks,

Kevin

I was just looking through an old magizne (LRE March 2005) and there is a article about the NADA oddities (NADA 109, and the Bugeye) with several pics of bugeyes.

-Jeff

JS,

Thanks for the heads up. In my borderline OCD-pursuit of knowing all there is to know (including the minutia) of Bugeyes, I am going to see if I can purchase a back issue from LRE.

Again, thanks.
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

Quote Originally Posted by JSBriggs
    I was just looking through an old magizne (LRE March 2005) and there is a article about the NADA oddities (NADA 109, and the Bugeye) with several pics of bugeyes.

-Jeff
    I got it scanned. If anyone is interested, shoot me an email.

jeffreysbriggs@gmail.com

-Jeff

Default Steve Hoffman,

A new member of the forum, was having trouble posting, so he PM'd me and wanted to add his Bugeye to the registry. Being the lazy bugger that I am, I just did it myself instead of trying to instruct him how to do it.

Here is the text of a couple of emails he sent me about the vehicle:

Hi, I'm in the process of bring back to life a 1969 series II bugeye in Colorado. Vin # 24435681F I think the color is called Marine Blue? Seems like it's been parked since the the mid to late 80's and hadn't been well taken care of prior to that. I've got it running, transmission replaced due to previous damage, body dints pulled out and a multitude of other minor corrections. Waiting for recover of front seats before we'll venture out on the road but it's slowly starting to move again. I've restored many British cars over the years but this is my 1st Rover. I didn't see a place to attach a photo??

And another:

Hi Gary, I'll also compare the VIN to the number on the horn. Not being the sharpest pencil in the drawer related to computers I didn't see how to enter the registry so thanks for your help. This thing sat along a fairly busy secondary highway with a for sale sign for many years so I'm sort of suprised a Rover enthusiast didn't pick up on it being a bugeye and all. It had a cattle guard on the front that appeared to have guarded a cow or two since is was shoved back into the wings. Granted it was pretty rough but I love a challenge and hate to see stuff like this go to the crusher. I doubt if it'll make it into any concoures parades during my ownership but hopefully I can take a microbrew to the backcountry in search of another bovine!! Thanks again & happy motoring.

Steve

Here are the pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Thanks again to Steve for posting.

Don't think it's a Bugeye, but some beastly-good fab-work!

It has had late 2a/3 fenders added, but the grill and 'breakfast' are clearly bugeye. The grill is straight across the bottom, and the side holes are the classic bugeye bastardization the 2 styles.

-Jeff

Jeff,

You have enlightened me. I was not aware of those subtleties. Thanks for the information.

-Gary