Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BUGEYE Registry

Here is another bug eye for you, I will try and upload pic's later, 69 VIN 24436154F living in Fairbanks Alaska

Default MThede Syrup

Quote Originally Posted by dustoff38
    Here is another bug eye for you, I will try and upload pic's later, 69 VIN 24436154F living in Fairbanks Alaska
    Dustoff,

Post more information about the vehicle, like color, duties (if there are any), etc. Pictures are most welcome.

Mike Thede,

I read your piece about your Series, and the maple syrup, etc. Very interesting. How can any of us buy some of that syrup? PM me for the info.
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

Default bugeye

I have a list of 18 or 19 vin #s for bug eye's.
    3 were mine, one is yours and thunderfoot's is on my list.
    I just found your posting today and finally joined the forum to follow up on the registry. I will compile the list and forward to you.
    From what I have yours is in the early part of the run (+-).
    I have it listed as "08-27-02 eBay"
    The range of numbers is about 1,059 and I think the square bezel was introduce within the same model year, 1969 = Sept1968 to August 1969.
    If you go by model year I think al the Bugeye's were 1969 models.
    1970 must have been square bezel only.

Is the logo available?

Quote Originally Posted by redfoxrovers
    I have a list of 18 or 19 vin #s for bug eye's.
    3 were mine, one is yours and thunderfoot's is on my list.
    I just found your posting today and finally joined the forum to follow up on the registry. I will compile the list and forward to you.
    From what I have yours is in the early part of the run (+-).
    I have it listed as "08-27-02 eBay"
    The range of numbers is about 1,059 and I think the square bezel was introduce within the same model year, 1969 = Sept1968 to August 1969.
    If you go by model year I think al the Bugeye's were 1969 models.
    1970 must have been square bezel only.

Is the logo available?

RedFox-

Man, what a great name. One of my favorite comics. This list, where is it from, how and why do you have it? 08-27-02 eBay ?? Not sure I understand. I am very interested in any information you have, and thank you for your consideration.

By the way, I think it would be difficult to determine if your statement is absolutely true, about no units being built in '70, and all being built in '69. I thought so as well, but it appears that there were a few '68's. More importantly, the whole reason there is a bug eye, has to do with economics; that is, Land Rover decided to use up it's inventory of existing headlights and fenders, rather than stop production, wait for an updated design to come through, wait for new fenders and bezels to be added to their inventory, then continue building. Even after they got the new design, and resulting inventory, why throw the old stuff away? They probably continued to build a few "one-sies" for markets that would allow it. In other words, I'll bet that they were building the new design, along with the old design, and during this time period, you could see headlights on the fenders with bezels, right next to bugeyes, going down the production line, simultaneously. My guess is, that Thompson is correct, a few of them got built in '70 as well.

The logo is available in a couple of posts on this thread. Right-click on it, and, "save picture as"...

Again, thank you for your contribution and I anxiously await any information that you have.

-Gary

Default Bugeye

I don't know of the comic redfox. The i.d. has to do with my wife.
    The list includes a column for the "Source" from which the vin # came.
    Your vehicle was on eBay on the date listed.
    I have had 14 or so Land Rovers in various states of condition and when I decided on my "final" project I choose the Bugeye for the unique detail.
    I started tracking Bugeye vin #s some years ago and have contacted the people selling or buying when possible. So the list has a little background for some #s and no info for others. It's been a hobby and I actually corresponded with a guy in Holland, where some Bugeyes were shipped.

David

Quote Originally Posted by redfoxrovers
    I don't know of the comic redfox. The i.d. has to do with my wife.
    The list includes a column for the "Source" from which the vin # came.
    Your vehicle was on eBay on the date listed.
    I have had 14 or so Land Rovers in various states of condition and when I decided on my "final" project I choose the Bugeye for the unique detail.
    I started tracking Bugeye vin #s some years ago and have contacted the people selling or buying when possible. So the list has a little background for some #s and no info for others. It's been a hobby and I actually corresponded with a guy in Holland, where some Bugeyes were shipped.

David
    David,

I bought mine off of ebay in '07. The PO must have got it that way, as well.

That list sounds like a lot of work. I very much look forward to seeing your list; that is, if you are willing to share it . I will forward you an article that JSBriggs sent me about Bugeyes. It is very informative.

Red Foxx, is a comic from the '70's. He was the father in the series called, "Sanford and Son". Brilliant comic!

-Gary

As for RedFoxx, I have a disc of some of his early material if anyone is interested. I bought it while working on the show "Everybody Hates Chris"

Brent
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Default Technochallenged

I'm just cleaning up the list so it's legible. My daughters claim I'm technologically challenged.
    I certainly want to share it so we can update locations and info.

David

Default List Attachment attempt

OK

I editted and updated my list (26 #s) which is an XL Spread sheet. I work on my old computer so I do not know how old a version it is.
    I transferred it to this, my wife's computer which needed a different program, WordPerfect, sooooooooo let me know if you can read any of it.

I am anxious to get feedback and update of the limited info I have. Some of the Vins with out "Source" may have come from LRX over the years.

How the hell do I attach this file????????????????

David,

Here's my email:

gcook5304@msn.com

Send it there, and I will see about posting it.

Thanks again.

-Gary