Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: series IIa 88

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wanted: series IIa 88

OK, I am going to get serious now.
    I am looking for a series IIa 88, preferably diesel, unless you all tell me there are too many probs with a diesel.
    I want this thing to be restored, but not to show quality. Just nice. Simple car, preferably with a limestone finish.. as I am going to use this as a delivery vehicle for my tiny dairy (I am a cheese maker and I milk 5 Dexter cows! Yea, those are Irish cows with seriously good quality milk!)
    Anyway, I would like it to have mostly new mechanics, and I cannot spend over 10k.
    Think I can find one for that?
    Thanks you all!!!
    Rosie

There was one in the Northampton Ma for sale that would fit the bill I think. I'll see if I can dig up the ad. It wasn't perfect, but was less than your budget so you'd have some left over to tidy anything that wasn't perfect.

Mark

www.pangolin4x4.com Ike usually has very solid trucks for sale. http://www.pangolin4x4.com/pangolin4...ks/trucks.html that 59 truck cab is an awesome looking truck and Ike generally finds very good trucks.

Add some antique gold leaf with your dairy's name and bob is your uncle.

EwS

Default Rover in Northampton

My kid is living in Northampton Ma. and moving in 2 weeks. If you can find out about the possible series it might be that she could drive it for me!
    And yes, I did contact Ike. The green one is sold already.
    Appreciate the leads!!
    Rosie

www.landroverranch.com

1970 middle page. Jim Coryat - also a top notch shop.

EwS

Read the link below, and try contacting the man selling these. Most of his trucks for sale were restored at one point or another by East Coast Rovers. He wants people to make offers, so maybe you could get what you are looking for.
    http://roav.org/forum/index.php?PHPS...4&topic=568.15

The link below takes you directly to his page and you can see the trucks he has (Once the page comes up, click on the land rovers section). If you could get one of these trucks for 10K, it would probably be the best money you ever spent on a rover. He has links to all their builds from ECR.
    http://gettherats.com/
    Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Here's another- yeah it's a 109...but it's white!

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/721546746.html

If you search Denver Craigslist from time to time you'll find some nice examples. With Solihull Society being headquarters here there seem to be more frequent rover sightings than some other states.
    1960 Series II SWB
    1994 NAS D90 ST
    1963 SIIa SWB (sold)
    1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
    2000 Disco SII (sold)
    1995 RR Classic (sold)

Thanks so much!
    I am looking at all of these.
    Also, seriously thinking about the 1960 IIa listed on the D.A.P. classifieds...probably going to see it next week.
    Does anyone know about the body of the 60 compared to the newer models, I know they are supposed to be the same, but they do not look the same, I mean with the IIa series....other than the lights, it seems that they look a little different.
    Thanks!

The 71 on the landrover exchange is really nice! I spoke with the owner. He has never really driven it much. He is a collector and has only put 200 miles on it since the restoring.. I wonder if that is enough to get the bugs worked out of it... for 14,900, is it worth the chances...?
    Supposedly rebuilt in Cleveland Ohio over a two year period, with a guy who had built two previous to this one. I like the look of it. Low riding...

What happened to your 10k limit? Don't be hasty and jump into one because you just gotta have it.

At this price, you better be talking about a truck that is A #1 perfect. Even so, what happens if you need to replace something? Say like the exhaust? By the way, it's common for the standard exhaust to rot out if the truck does a lot of sitting (condensation).

If you are in a rush, then go for it but if you are more on a budget and willing to keep looking then that would be my advice. That is a lot of money and although the truck might be worth it, it would be hard to resell the thing at that price if for some reason it didn't work out for you.

That is not to say $14k is too much. But if you are on a budget then it might be too much for you.

Cheers!