Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: series IIa 88

Has anyone seen the prices that the Rovers are selling for in NM at the Land Rover Ranch? Man, people are paying rediculously large amounts for these vehicles!
    There is another series listed on ebay, it is a 1970 I think, being sold by the guys at Coply Motors in Needham, Ma.
    Anyone know the quality of their mechanics work?

Copley Motors sells high end Rovers. They don't sell junk nor stuff that is worn out.
    Jim

Yes, I do know some things about the yellow pickup. I know he threw gobs of money into it. I thought he had gotten rid of it a few years ago. Last I saw it in 2003 it was pretty solid. Original frame which was in very good condition. He 'always wanted a Rover', but had no mechanical ability. Maybe he just can't take it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie
    Has anyone seen the prices that the Rovers are selling for in NM at the Land Rover Ranch? Man, people are paying rediculously large amounts for these vehicles!
    There is another series listed on ebay, it is a 1970 I think, being sold by the guys at Coply Motors in Needham, Ma.
    Anyone know the quality of their mechanics work?
    I've heard good things but couldn't afford pretty much anything they sell. I think I see the one you are talking about and I gotta say that the brush guard and roof rack don't agree with me. But that's just a personal opinion.

Brush guard is from a Defender he told me, and probably pretty handy when you hit a deer head on! We have lots of those around here!
    The roof rack and ladder could be handy for getting up there and stacking hay! But I bet it cuts down on the mpg!

and probably pretty handy when you hit a deer head on
    actually would do more damage to the Rover than if it were not there.

it will just bend inward and damage the surrounding sheet metal.

possibly the deer could deflect off of it if going slow enough.

I see the buy it now price is 3,000 less than the price on the Copley site.

possibly if no one offers anything, your 12k could get it!

Maybe Ike is on this forum
    yes, he visits here for sure!

I'd trust anything purchased from him to be as he describes it.

good luck with your search.

Jaime
    One Life Live It

Does anyone know anything about this vehicle?
    By the way, I hope it is ok that I am asking these questions on this forum, if it is not advisable, please let me know! I do not want to offend anyone, or bring up topics that may not be appropriate.
    Thanks!
    The series is on ebay, here is the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180265627364&fromMakeT rack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

That truck looks lovely!

I don't think there is any problem asking about trucks for sale. The only thing I think is a bit taboo is posting rover parts for sale that our hosts also sell. Although I've not seen any rules posted about this so who knows what they think about it.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    That truck looks lovely!
    I agree, thats a really nice truck!
    99 D1
    73 Series III 88"
    95 RRC LWB

About the only problem I see with that truck that I would do something about is that he made the classic mistake with the POR15 on the chassis. As you can see it is fading to grey and this is becauase it is UV sensitive. It needs top coating which it looks like he forgot.

It's rather nit picky but if I bought it I would recoat and top coat just to keep it in top notch condition. Also, I would ask what those wires poking out from the dash are. If that's the only issues then it's a very nice truck.

Cheers
    Gregor