Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: series IIa 88

Quote Originally Posted by sven
    I agree, thats a really nice truck!
    That truck is so nice, the price will not fall in Rosie's budget (per what she stated earlier).

But damn, that thing is tight!

Your right I think about the budget...do you see that he mentions something like...if it was any nicer it would be over 25k, well I have a feeling his reserve is something pretty near close to that!
    Maybe it is too nice anyway....how can you do anything off road in a truck like that, not that I would do much, but just to go driving through pastures and picking up dead wood and stuff, or cleaning out a hedgerow...well, you might not want to do that kind of thing in a pretty truck like that...

Default The rear door pic (inside)...

Reflects the owners face in the glass. He is a first time Ebay user, joining on July 6th.

FWIW.

Jeff
    64 SIIa 109 all stock
    69 SIIa 88 all stock
    Old tractors
    New Harleys
    Old trucks

If you are willing to travel I'd take a look at http://www.landroverexchange.com. You might even find something local. That's where I found my second rover. It's got it's faults but is pretty reliable, looks good too. I found my first off of http://www.autoscout24.com, but this is for Europe. I'll probably get my third from there, if I can find a job in Sicily when I retire from the Navy (2 yrs until I hit 23 yrs). Nothing better than wheelin' on an active volcano (Mt Etna).

There is a guy selling a 71 2A 88" for $15k, looks pretty nice but it is in Missouri.
    Stacy
    Motta S.A. Italy

Rosie- here's another one from Colorado. Not white, but might fit the bill otherwise. If you can be flexible with the color preference you should be able to find a nice example for $10k...expecially with the economy where it is.

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/725622909.html
    1960 Series II SWB
    1994 NAS D90 ST
    1963 SIIa SWB (sold)
    1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
    2000 Disco SII (sold)
    1995 RR Classic (sold)

Here's another- yeah it's a 109...but it's white!

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/721546746.html

If you search Denver Craigslist from time to time you'll find some nice examples. With Solihull Society being headquarters here there seem to be more frequent rover sightings than some other states.
    1960 Series II SWB
    1994 NAS D90 ST
    1963 SIIa SWB (sold)
    1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
    2000 Disco SII (sold)
    1995 RR Classic (sold)

Thanks so much!
    I am looking at all of these.
    Also, seriously thinking about the 1960 IIa listed on the D.A.P. classifieds...probably going to see it next week.
    Does anyone know about the body of the 60 compared to the newer models, I know they are supposed to be the same, but they do not look the same, I mean with the IIa series....other than the lights, it seems that they look a little different.
    Thanks!

The 71 on the landrover exchange is really nice! I spoke with the owner. He has never really driven it much. He is a collector and has only put 200 miles on it since the restoring.. I wonder if that is enough to get the bugs worked out of it... for 14,900, is it worth the chances...?
    Supposedly rebuilt in Cleveland Ohio over a two year period, with a guy who had built two previous to this one. I like the look of it. Low riding...

What happened to your 10k limit? Don't be hasty and jump into one because you just gotta have it.

At this price, you better be talking about a truck that is A #1 perfect. Even so, what happens if you need to replace something? Say like the exhaust? By the way, it's common for the standard exhaust to rot out if the truck does a lot of sitting (condensation).

If you are in a rush, then go for it but if you are more on a budget and willing to keep looking then that would be my advice. That is a lot of money and although the truck might be worth it, it would be hard to resell the thing at that price if for some reason it didn't work out for you.

That is not to say $14k is too much. But if you are on a budget then it might be too much for you.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    At this price, you better be talking about a truck that is A #1 perfect.
    Perfect is closer to double that figure. Hell if he replaced every available part he'd be in the hole for another 15k.