Thread: 1998 Range Rover 4.6 w/2in coil conversion $6000

thumb-up 1998 Range Rover 4.6 w/2in coil conversion, 12k winch and Rovertym bumper $8000

I have a 98 4.6 Range Rover, paint on it is good, few scratches. I did the coil conversion about 6 months. This thing runs like a champ. This truck is clean, leather is in great shape, AC is cold, I recently very lightly tinted the front two windows and the windshield to match the factory tint. Harmon Kardon sound w/stock sub. Hurricane wheels with 31.5 in Nitto Terragrappler tyres. Clean engine, with the expected minor oil leaks. Engine an tranny run very strong. No noise in the heads. 200,000 miles, runs great, I am selling it to try and buy a car with good gas mileage. feel free to ask away. I barely offroaded it, it still has stock shocks so I am not getting the kind of articulation that I would want and with gas killing me I just wanna sell it. KBB value is about $8000 I only want $8000 and the previous owner was the head mechanic at a dealer in CT, I have put 30000 miles on it since ownership, and now live in Charlotte NC. I just recently had nearly $5,000 worth of work done, it has a new Flowmaster exhaust, new bumper and winch, and runs perfectly, I just hate paying for gas I can e-mail alot of pics.
    Last edited by Dantelaterra; 02-24-2009 at 09:18 PM.

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

How to post photos in-line, rather than attaching them.
    http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/sh...ad.php?p=13048

1. Go to any free photo hosting site like http://www.flickr.com or any other paid webserver photo posting service, like http://www.mac.com for instance.

2. Upload your photos.

3. After you upload your photo on your new webserver space, have the image you want on your browser (preferably the right sized one too) and right click (or control click on a Mac) on the photo, and "Copy Image Location".

4. Buzz over here to the RoversNorth forum and go to the thread you want to post the photo into. Or you can start a new thread, or "Quote", or "Reply" in an existing thread.

5. In the WYSIWYG editing box where you type the message, there are little icons across the top - click on and then paste in the "Copy Image Location" URL from step 4. This will "link" your photo (hosted on your webserver account) to the RoversNorth forum.

I hope this helps everyone.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

can you send me some pictures to jamescressy@optonline.net

Thanks- James
    04 MINI S JCW
    75 MGB (sold)
    74 Porsche RS (sold)
    98 Disco I

Quote Originally Posted by jpc1818
    can you send me some pictures to jamescressy@optonline.net

Thanks- James
    Hey man, no one wanted to buy this things when gas was high so I bought a slimline bumper and a 12,000lb sinch and now some 33in M/T and I'm not planning on selling it, but if I happen to loose my job or something soon(which may happen) then I'll contact you. You can see pics of it on www.LROffroad.com it's on the reader's rides page and it's called "The Black Pearl" only one pic on their right now, more to come when the bumper is on which will be the weekend of 2-14-09

Arrow new deal

Just to let everyone know, I just did $5k worth of work, and this truck is running perfectly, and to add to it I bought a RoverTym front bumper iwth full brush bar and a 12,000lb winch. I only offroaded this 1 time, and the 33in Mud Terrain tires I am getting for free as an even trade for my 18in wheels, and will now have 16in rover wheels with 33in mud terrains. This Range now runs perfect and looks great, and I would sell it if you gave me $9k if you wanna make an offer then I'll consider selling it. Honestly I love this truck, but I would sell it simply cause I'm sick of my job and wanna make a move. I love this thing so much that I built a site called www.LROffroad.com and put a pic of it up, I used to own a 96 Disco when I built this site and I think Land Rovers are the best and thank God for Rovers North making repairing one affordable and possible So thank you Rovers North and if someone wants to buy it let me know, I'm in Charlotte NC

Didn't get the 33in Mud Terrain tires, and would take $8,000 for a Rover that runs perfect and look awesome! I wont lie, tough times financially are making me wanna sell.

I spoke with Lars this weekend, he mentioned the Range Rover and how nice it was. the mechanic (Lars), that owned it before him has a serious attention to detail.

hey Clifton, thanks for making the comment about Lars, unfortunately I dont think anyone in this forum could possibly understand how awesome he is. Did you know he opened his own shop! I wish he ad that open when I lived in CT, I think it's in Guilford, his web site is www.allrovers.com I put a link to his site up on the homepage of www.LROffroad.com Lars is the man! Next time you see him tell him I say hello!

I was at his new shop its near the car dealerships in Madison across from where Napa used to be. I will let him know you said hi