Thread: A real head scratcher...

Default A real head scratcher...

Hi all, I have a 99 RR that is showing on my OBDII scanner that 3 systems are "not ready" for emissions testing. The systems are o2, Catalyst, and EVAP. All three read "Not ready". I also occasionally get the same codes:

Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)

System to Lean (Bank 2)

and I think manufacturer codes 1173 and 1175 (not positive though, I erased them like an idiot).

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Default Also...

I forgot, I haven't disconnected the battery any time lately, and driving it doesn't bring the systems back online.

I have the same problem on a 2001 4.6HSE. Please let me know what the solution is?

Paul
    1971 109 Safari Wagon (1 ton chassis)
    1995 LWB Range Rover Classic
    1997 Defender 90 (repaired at last)
    2001 P38A Range Rover

sys too lean could be a vacume leak, and you would also need to do a volt test and a ground test at the knock sensor, i would check grounds (not the battery) there are all sorts of electrical grounds through out the vehicle, if you know of a shop that has access to (ALLDATA) they give good schematics for all electrical compnents including grounds and the location of specific grounds, sorry i dont have access to alldata right now.....