Thread: 1968 IIA *SOLD*

thumb-up 1968 IIA *SOLD*

I am selling “Ruby”….I just got orders to Virginia and the wife and kids will be going to Tennessee to be preparing for my departure from the Navy. Needless to say, I will be commuting home regularly, and will need the funds from her to buy a commuter.

First things first; she has a 2.25L petrol (90,000 odo) with Weber carb and spin-on oil adapter. Oil bath air cleaner.

I have owned her for a year and a half, a daily driver that has never failed to start. I run the canvas all year, in the winter I have a new Exmoor fume curtain and a great Kodiak MIV heater. Keeps you nice and toasty. The previous owner put a new radiator and axle breathers just before purchase. Since then I have only, a month ago, had to put a master and slave cylinder in, the clutch is like new. I had a rear roll cage installed, welded to the chassis, so my kids would be more safe. You can have the jeep CJ seat for the rear tub. Also had a new can and exhaust installed, so she sounds smooth too. Lastly, she has a galvanized chassis. I have plenty of extras that will go with it, minus the Hi Lift.

Please PM or call at 904-422-5548 and you can take a look and drive.I'm located in Groton, CT. I’ll take all the pics you want. Asking $7,500 OBO.
    Last edited by EASTTNROVER; 08-10-2008 at 03:40 AM.
    MA1(SW)...AKA REAL NAVY.
    88" 1968' IIA -

Absolutely love that color scheme; rims, top, then the "Poppy Red" rocks--Good luck selling!

Default 68' IIA PICS

Here are a few more things that come with her, nothing special but pretty handy:

-Driver and passenger side doors (tops and bottoms) the tops need glass and the bottoms are rusted out at the bottom. The doors on the truck now are near perfect.
    -Vent screens(never needed them)
    -A pair of jump seats for the tub( decent shape)
    -Jeep CJ rear seat
    -Front seat bottom
    -Middle seat (top & bottom)
    -Extra tow hitch w/ recovery hitch
    -Half shaft
    -Front Brake pads w/ springs
    -everything for a tune up
    -xtra oil/battery tray
    -alpine seals(sold the hardtop)
    -xtra fuel pump
    -xtra headlight
    -Hand crank

Everything is negotiable.....
    Last edited by EASTTNROVER; 08-10-2008 at 03:41 AM.
    MA1(SW)...AKA REAL NAVY.
    88" 1968' IIA -

ive seen this one driving around in groton and downtown mystic but im never in my land rover when you drive by!

Default Taking offers....

I need this sold before winter.
    MA1(SW)...AKA REAL NAVY.
    88" 1968' IIA -

Quote Originally Posted by EASTTNROVER
    I need this sold before winter.
    Sent PM. Mostly like what I see but want to see more!

Sold....Sadly
    MA1(SW)...AKA REAL NAVY.
    88" 1968' IIA -

am i still going to see this in CT?