Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holley carb!

Well, my dad was able to take it apart and rebuild the thing with meticulously home-made gaskets (my father's doing). Everything inside now moves freely and is free of grime and debris.

Here is two pictures of the carb...

While im at it, here's a pic of the truck itself...

and again... please pardon the temporary mess in the background.

And if you need a pardon for that garage I need ????

I need more garage room.

Cheers
    Gregor

Not to change the topic but Gregor, I'm not too familiar with rover engines that use spark plugs anymore--What exhaust setup is shown in your...um...garage photo?

PS. I'd probably fasten the child seat down a little better before I took the Rover out for a test drive.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne
    Not to change the topic but Gregor, I'm not too familiar with rover engines that use spark plugs anymore--What exhaust setup is shown in your...um...garage photo?

Gregor does not have a LR engine in that 109- he has a 292 Chrvrolet I6 with some pretty cool Leo Santucci type goodies on it.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Sure looks like an early 1904 - they were used in Fords, Chevy/GMC trucks and IHC - as TerriAnn points out - From the early 50's to the late 60's. Unlike the Rochester B, I believe it only came in one venturi size, with only small variation amongst the mfgs - which helps simplifies things.

The reason you don’t see them recommended as much as B's is supposedly the linkage is much more difficult to convert. Doesnt look any worse than converting a Zenith for a B. Sure the Solex is drop in, but the Zenith linkage doesn’t take much. Could you post a better pic of the linkage?

Funny, drop by a Stovebolt board and they hate the B - commonly complain they warp and leak.

As far as the 1904's propensity for economy - Ive seen Rover claims all over the board - as with Webers.

Luck
    Alac