Thread: Weber 34 ICH

Default Weber 34 ICH

Greetings:
    I am getting ready to istall a Weber 34 ICH on a 2.25L motor recently fitted with a Solex, RHD, I have the lower baseplate, am I going to need any other bits to fit this? I see something about an additional bell crank? Anyone do this recently let me know. I'll probably answer my own questions after I get the carb installed!
    Thanks,
    Chuck

Correct - you need the crank base that fits between the phenolic block and the carb. Part RNF357 with our hosts.

You'll like the Weber. I have an original Solex on one '66, and a Weber on the other '66. The Weber will need more choke more often but there's simply less to fiddle with or deteriorate. If you live in a region where the temperature can drop to around freezing, you'll find that you might experience some carb icing with the Weber. I use dry gas all winter and have to let the car warm up soemwhat to avoid icing. As I've had 3 Webers now in 400,000 miles on the car, it seems to be a Weber issue and not a fuel issue.

Enjoy!

Jeff
    Jeff Aronson
    Vinalhaven, ME 04863
    '66 Series II-A SW 88"
    '66 Series II-A HT 88"
    '80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
    '80 Triumph Spitfire
    '66 Corvair Monza Coupe
    http://www.landroverwriter.com