Page 23 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Default my 1960 109 mercedes diesel powered

Hope I am doing this right....sorry if I am not. I am new to Land Rovers but have always loved them. Especially the series II and IIa long wheel base. Since a little kid I loved them in the zebra paint sceme with huge basket roof racks. I finally got one and want it to be a daily driver. Some of my former cars that were daily drivers were a Willyswagon with a Mercedes 240D engine and a 61 IH crew cab utility truck with a perkins 354 turbo Diesel. I'm not new to converting over old junk. I am a toolmaker with alot of fabrication experience and had full plans on building the adapters to put a mercedes 240D engine in the rover. After some net searching I found info about what other people have done and found someone who was selling a already made kit. I bought the engine, trans, with all the special adapters and mounts etc for $600. The man I bought it from is not a toolmaker but his work was EXCELLENT. The engine he gave me was a really old 190, 200 or 220D motor. only good for about 55HP. I had a 82 240D motor sitting around that is rated for 67HP, much better. Mercdes makes things very universal and all the old 60-70s stuff workes on the newer 80's stuff. it literally took me 4 hours to put the 240 motor on the tranny in place of the old motor. The rover works great, slow like a 240D but great. in the pictures the motor is a bit dirty and the wires and hoses are a bit of a mess. it's still a work in progress. I have only been driving it for about 10 days now. My wife is a good artist and painted it in the zebra paint sceme with 8 cans of flat white and 6 cans of flat black, all freehand, in about 5 hours. Next on my list is a roofrack. I am making my own out of a old truck latter rack that is perfact in size. thanks,
    Stephen willyswagon@hotmail.com

Awesome truck! I think that at one time or another most series enthusiasts have at least briefly considered a zebra paint scheme!

Brent
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Default my 1960 109 mercedes diesel powered

Thanks! here are some more pictures.

Love the paint job!!

Like Brent pointed out - I have thought about a Zebra paint job as well as other animal prints.
    Cheers!
    Larry

1963 IIa 88 Station Wagon

Default My Ride

Haven't been on this site for quite awhile, so I thought you'd like to see my ride herein Minnesota. The picture was taken by world-famous National Geographic Photographer, Jim Brandenberg!

Default 1965 IIA SW

Hey there,

I'm new to Rovers North, and to this forum.
    Just purchased this 1965 IIA SW. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Grover88
    Hey there,

Welcome! Nice Rover--Did you pick it up locally? I'm beginning to wonder if there are any 88s in Massachussetts that AREN'T that shade of green.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Default 1965 IIA SW

Yes I picked it up in Newburyport, Ma.

Quote Originally Posted by Grover88
    Hey there,

Very very nice....

Love the look of the 2's
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Quote Originally Posted by rcmely
    Haven't been on this site for quite awhile, so I thought you'd like to see my ride herein Minnesota. The picture was taken by world-famous National Geographic Photographer, Jim Brandenberg!
    VERY Nice, please send us the high-resolution photo of this if you can. Thanks.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.