Page 10 of 137 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Quote Originally Posted by JayGoss
    Cool headlights. Is that a spot light on the right wing? Does it rotate w/a control in the cab? Where did you find that?
    The headlights are made by Faessa, and have a much larger trim ring made of aluminum, not chromed steel.

Here's a better shot.

The spotlight does rotate, but not from the cab. It was on the Rover when it came into our family (1985). I assume the first or second owner added it. Once, during a snow storm (at night) headed into the Smoky Mountains, we lost all headlight and tail light power. We drove about an hour with only that spot light, and made it fine into Cades Cove. I was a boy at the time and will never forget it.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Quote Originally Posted by jp-
    ...Once, during a snow storm (at night) headed into the Smoky Mountains, we lost all headlight and tail light power. We drove about an hour with only that spot light, and made it fine into Cades Cove. I was a boy at the time and will never forget it.
    So tell us. When you feel like reminiscing, do you hit the horn(s). They must short something, simply with thought of tooting your neighbor.

Love the headlights! Very sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    So tell us. When you feel like reminiscing, do you hit the horn(s). They must short something, simply with thought of tooting your neighbor.

Love the headlights! Very sharp.

Good eye. Actually, hidden behind the grill are dual Fiamm's, dual air horns (off a Euclid, fantastic sound), and a fire engine siren.

I just want to be prepared...
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Michelle at the drag strip here in her 67 2A RHD petrol 88:

Plus some you tube videos of her at the track:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idH1Bck_U5s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Cf0_ovo9I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=986uFuJlTUs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otJTkxw41RE

In front of her 88 and the 109 diesel, pre frame swap for the 109

Taking air samples for the USGS at Pt Udall here on St. Croix, the easternmost point of the USVI. They claim easternmost point in the US but that is debatable as the Aleutians go past 180 degrees of longitude

Heading down the road from our house detouring around a small washout:

The 109 in the middle of its frame swap and replacement bulkhead we got from Ike Goss (Pangolin 4x4), he did an excellent job, you can see the Rovers North stencil on the battery tray, although we had the frame drop shipped from the UK for shipping reasons:

Quote Originally Posted by StX_Rovers
    Michelle at the drag strip here in her 67 2A RHD petrol 88:
    Ha--I love it!

I wonder...is it realy necessary to wear a helmet when your top speed at the 1/4 mile mark is 42MPH?

Very kind of the nice folks to give you a .23 mile headstart on the .25 mile track! Makes for a great photo-finish...
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne
    Ha--I love it!

I wonder...is it realy necessary to wear a helmet when your top speed at the 1/4 mile mark is 42MPH?

Very kind of the nice folks to give you a .23 mile headstart on the .25 mile track! Makes for a great photo-finish...
    And they frequently go too fast and break out -- I beat a Corvette that way...

Lots of motivation for getting to work on my truck here! This is my new-to-me '66 IIa Ex-MoD and my handsome Border Collie Dewey. The truck needs lots of TLC but Dewey doesn't care, he still loves it!
    1966 IIa - ex-MOD, ex-FFR, ex-24v
    1997 Discovery SE7 - I'm empty inside without her

heres a few of mine,
    I have more on the site..
    www.singingcamel.com

Default Recent trip to Alaska

Here are a few pictures of me and a friends trucks on our trip to Alaska in Sept. They are both Carawagons, mine being a 1961 (not an original) and his is a 1970 (original).

Mine (the light green one) is powered by a Perkins/Mazda 4.182 Turbo Diesel, with a Santana Gearbox, and Roverdrive.

We spent 4 weeks living out of these trucks in some miserable weather up North but couldn't of been happier! Carawagons create a real nice platform for a smaller expedition truck.

Link to more pics:

photobucket.com/albums/c391/lstrvr/

Attachment 1328

Attachment 1329

Attachment 1330

Attachment 1331

Attachment 1332

lstrvr, I went through your pictures and I gotta say you've done an impressive job on that thing. The wiring is exactly as would be seen in my truck if I had the time to put into it as you have. It reminds me of a lighting control panel I designed and installed in a theater. Nice and tight with no suprises when you open the cover. You won't find many people who take the time to tidy up something hidden like wires under cover or behind a dash!

And to top it all off, after alll that work, someone who's not afraid to put it to work!!
    '73 SIII 88"
    Turner 8:1 Engine
    NRP Exhaust
    Roverdrive
    RM Parabolics
    OME Shocks
    Warn 8274
    Pangolin4X4 bumper