Page 11 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

lstrvr that is top notch!

I hope you don't mind my taking some of your ideas. Lord knows I have the OCD for it (non derogatory to you ) but my follow through might not be strong enough.

lstrvr, that is a sweet 109. How does it perform with the Perkins engine in it?

Brett

Thank you for the kind compliments!

I have been extremely impressed with the Perkins 4.182TD installed. I'm not one to memorize numbers on torque and horsepower etc. but I can say that this engine pulls extremely strong with only ever having to come out of O/D for the steepest of hills. O/D engaged it cruises comfortably at 60mph, couldn't tell you the rpm as I don't have a tach installed yet, but it's still aways off the governor for sure. This engine is governed at 3800 rpm. On our trip From Vancouver, BC to Alaska and back, we covered over 8500kms and only burnt 1/2 liter of oil. I honestly couldn't believe it myself, but that is accurate. It also ran an avg. of 23-25 mpg.

Lots of work still to go. After driving my friends beautifully set-up Carawagon for a bit on that Alaska trip, I realized just how nice a series truck can be with power steering! As a result the truck is getting torn apart this weekend to start the Scout power steering conversion!

It never ends!

Default Nice carawagon

Wow- I am inspired.
    I having been flirting with the idea of purchasing an old rotten out carawagon and fitting the top to my NaDA five door or my Series 111 109 3 door.
    You know a tent is an easier option but there is just something about a carawagon.

Any insight if the carawagon top from a 3 door would fit the top of a 5 door?
    The carawagon top I am interested in is rotten and leaks.
    Any advice on a rebuild? I am wondering where I can buy the rubber seals for it. I tried Matt Savage in UK but no response.

How easy does the top erect and collapse?

Any info you can share about the carawagon rebuild would be great

Thanks,
    Tim

Default beautiful!!

i've spent some time working on many airliners, and that is exactly how they look whrn you open them up. absolutely perfect!
    i don't have that kind of patience when working on my own stuff. i'm going to try to be a little better on this project. i'm still in the gathering parts and greenbacks stage but when i start putting back together i'm going to try to do it right, not necessarily quick.

'91 RRC, SWB (tuned up quite nicely, new water pump, needs radiator repaired or replaced and brakes!) Sold😔
    '74 S III, diesel, 109, rhd, hard top
    (patiently awaiting cummings 4bt, nv 4500, and np200!)
    Finally IN PROGRESS!! Sold😖

Default Newbie in NC

Hey everybody,

My name is Steve and I am now a Land Rover owner. I'm originally from England but have been in the US nearly 10 years now, currently in Wilmington NC. I'd been a jeep guy until a RHD Series III FFR 109 appeared on craigslist and I couldn't help myself. I'll post more about my plans as time goes by but right now just thought I'd say hey.

Pictures can be seen here

Land rover pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

The last few are how it sits now, I didn't buy the chrome wheels or the racks.

2manykids-

I like what you've done to it. Before, it just wasn't right...like mushrooms on a taco.

Default Carawagon

Tim: I'd be happy to talk with you about Carawagon roof rebuilds.. check your PM box!

Kind regards, Josh (the dark green Carawagon on the aforementioned Alaska trip)

Rineheitzgabot, thanks I know that everyone has different tastes but it was an easy choice for me to let him keep the wheels go back to stock and save some money!

Default Caragons in Alaska

I'll dogpile onto Lstrvr's Alaska Carawagons trip shots. Mine's the dark green one--

Here's a few more: http://s459.photobucket.com/albums/qq318/jhofoshomofo/

Kind regards, Josh