Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	9237
    '65 Series IIA, 88'
    '00 Discovery II
    '08 Jaguar xj8
    '95 RRC LWB, deceased.....
    '75 Forward Control GS, 72 FL 64, gone to CA!

Here's mine on holiday, topless, on Waiheke Island, New Zealand.

It's a 88" 1970 series 2a, but with series 3 fenders (4 headlights are better than 2!).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

'71 Series IIa "Horace"
    88", RHD, 2.25 petrol.
    New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenperkinson View Post

It's a 88" 1970 series 2a, but with series 3 fenders (4 headlights are better than 2!).

Nice looking truck.
    1963 Series 11A 109, Left hand drive, Koneg PTO winch, ACR 2.8L 5 bearing power plus Engine with weber carb. Truetrac gear driven limited-slip traction rear differential.

What seats?
    '67 sIIa 88

what seats are in that?
    and where are the seat belts mounted to? what does the WOF people think of them?
    Having issues with mine trying to upgrade the belts without needing compliance costs! WOF guy said will need to get a compliance even if I put bigger plates behind the Lap Belt mounts!! the current bolt and washer mounted thru the aluminum doesn't give much confidence.....
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, While the stupid ones are full of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by east high View Post
    What seats?
    Don't know I'm afraid... they were fitted before I bought the truck. They're comfortable, but having that extra comfort raises the sitting position just a little - enough to mean that on occasion I need to duck down to see through the windscreen. And there are only 2 of them. Also, they are fabric covered so tend to soak up a bit of water - I intend to get them recovered in canvas so it doesn't feel like sitting on a wet sponge on rainy days... :-)

'71 Series IIa "Horace"
    88", RHD, 2.25 petrol.
    New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraserb View Post
    what seats are in that?
    and where are the seat belts mounted to? what does the WOF people think of them?
    Having issues with mine trying to upgrade the belts without needing compliance costs! WOF guy said will need to get a compliance even if I put bigger plates behind the Lap Belt mounts!! the current bolt and washer mounted thru the aluminum doesn't give much confidence.....
    Ah, yes, the $64 question... I have only owned the truck for a few months, and I am a little dubious as to the seatbelts. It does have bigger plates behind the lap belt mounts (about 15cm x 30cm aluminium treadplate) and it's a 3 point old-school fixed length belt system. It doesn't have a cert for that. If I were you I'd just stick plates behind your lap belt mounts and make them look like they've been there forever...

Today mine is going into the shop to get a single roll bar installed behind the seats and I intend to get seatbelt mounts welded onto that with the intention that one day I will change the seatbelts and get a cert for the new config.

To be honest, given that I have thermonuclear bumper on the front, no crumple zones, and no airbags, I really don't think I'll be walking away from a serious accident anyway - certified seatbelts or not....

'71 Series IIa "Horace"
    88", RHD, 2.25 petrol.
    New Zealand.

They're comfortable, but having that extra comfort raises the sitting position just a little - enough to mean that on occasion I need to duck down to see through the windscreen.
    Oh man. I already have that problem with my original stock seats. I replaced them with new once and I could hardly see out the windscreen at all.
    '67 sIIa 88

Have been working on the bugeye project. Currently rewiring the truck. Replaced a burnt wire in main harness and retapped it (twice). Added some headlight relays and second fusebox for lights/ horn. Upgraded to a SIII fuse box.

Attachment 9285

Attachment 9286Attachment 9287
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT